Support: Tips for Using BizInt Smart Charts
Reference Rows is a utility included in BizInt Smart Charts which offers the ability to create a "Reference Row" combining information from a set of related records into a single row. Database rankings and column rules help you integrate selected data elements from each database into a single row for each drug, trial, or patent family in your final exported report.
A new Reference Rows workflow was introduced in November 2021 for both BizInt Smart Charts for Patents and BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite. New features include:
- Send to Reference Rows command now sends a chart from BizInt Smart Charts directly to Reference Rows, without having to save the chart or go through a wizard.
- Hide Reference Rows using the right-mouse menu -- or, hide, unhide, and rearrange Reference Rows using the new View | Reference Rows panel.
- Row numbering for Reference Rows with multiple records is now "1a, 1b, 1c" and Reference Rows with just one record are now labeled "1" rather than "1.1" or "1a".
- New icons and glyphs.
Step by Step
- In BizInt Smart Charts, select File | Send to Reference Rows or use the "Send to Reference Rows" icon on the toolbar.
You do not need to save your chart before sending it to Reference Rows.
- Your chart will open in the Selection View in BizInt Smart Charts Reference Rows. New glyphs indicate selected cells for each Reference Row.
- To hide a Reference Row, use the Hide Reference Row command on the right-mouse menu.
- You can also use the View | Reference Row panel to hide Reference Rows, make them visible again, and rearrange rows. The green number in brackets notes the number of records in each Reference Row.
- You can change the default database rankings and rules from the Reference Rows menu.
- Learn more about Reference Rows features in the Mini Guide - BizInt Smart Charts for Patents, or Mini Guide - BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite.
Updated November 2021