Products: BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite
The BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite allows you to build reports from drug pipeline databases, clinical trials databases (including public registries like clinicaltrials.gov), and biomedical literature.
Subscribe to new releases by email or by RSS feed
Current version: BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite Version
Download customer software (requires userid and password)
Download tryout software (fully functional trial)
Each release of BizInt Smart Charts has a fixed lifetime. Learn more.
Complete Release History
New in Version 5.3.1 (2021-05-03)
- Color-Coding Cells: You have always been able to color-code a cell background in yellow. With this release you can now choose to color-code cells in eight colors. This is particularly useful in user-added columns when you are regularly updating a chart. Learn more on our support page.
Announcing Version 5.3 (2021-03-28)
We are pleased to announce version 5.3 of the BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite, with support for drug pipeline and clinical trial data from GlobalData.
- Support for GlobalData, using the "BizInt Smart Charts" export for drug search results. We welcome your feedback and you can expect to see several updates in the coming weeks.
- Support for the new Target field in Adis Insight drug reports.
- New BizInt Editor's Choice - Multi-Database template for multi-database pipeline reports provides a starting point for combined charts, with the most frequently used common columns.
Use View | Apply Template... to apply this template to combined charts. You can edit the chart, and save it as a new template using File | Save as Template.
- Improved column/field mapping for combined drug pipeline charts, starting with companies, mechanism of action, and targets. We will be continuing to improve the process for creating multi-database pipeline reports in upcoming releases.
- Support for building pipeline charts from patent searches on both Cortellis and Cortellis Drug Discovery Intelligence. Please note that one patent might apply to more than one drug, so using Common Drug Name is not advised.
- Support for GlobalData, using the "BizInt Smart Charts" export for clinical trial search results. We are continuing to work on column definitions and mapping, and welcome your feedback You can expect to see several updates in the coming weeks.
- New BizInt Editor's Choice - Multi-Database template for multi-database clinical trial reports provides a starting point for combined charts, with the most frequently used common columns.
Use View | Apply Template... to apply this template to combined charts. You can edit the chart, and save it as a new template using File | Save as Template.
- Changed "Columns..." on the View menu to read "Choose Columns..."
- Added the Ctrl-Z keyboard shortcut for Undo
- All charts saved with BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite are now saved as .CHT files.
New and Fixed in Version 5.2.2 (2021-01-28)
- PubMed: Adds preliminary support for PubMed text exports, since the PubMed XML export is no longer available. Exports from both PubMed and PubMedCentral are supported (learn more).
- Cortellis Drug Discover Intelligence (new Integrity): this release extracts the Chemical Name / Description for drug profiles on the new Integrity platform, Cortellis Drug Discovery Intelligence. The database name in charts and records has been updated to show the new product name.
- Reference Rows: Fixed bugs related to the Summarize rule. The software would crash when sorting charts where the column being sorted uses a Summarize rule and there is a group of records for which all cells in a row are blank, or when exporting charts where the first column had a Summarize rule applied.
New and Fixed in Version 5.2.1 (2021-01-11)
- Support for new structure images in Cortellis exports. NOTE: Prior versions of the Drug Development Suite will crash when importing search results containing these images. If you don't need structure images in your report, earlier versions will still work when you export without images.
Announcing Version 5.2 (2020-08-10)
We are pleased to announce version 5.2 of the BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite.
- Adds support for the BizInt export from Cortellis Drug Discovery Intelligence, the new generation of Integrity on the Cortellis platform.
- Introduces two new columns - Indication Phase (Normalized) and Highest Phase (Normalized) - for reports created from drug pipeline databases. Learn more about the new Normalized Phase columns.
- The Highest Phase (Normalized) column converts the
publisher phase to standard BizInt phase terminology (e.g. Phase 1,
Phase 1/2, Launched.)
- The Indication Phase (Normalized) column is a
2-column subtable containing the highest Phase for each Indication, with normalized phase terminology.
- Updated the list of database segments for for Medline and Embase on Ovid, and fixed publication year processing for all files on Ovid.
New and Fixed in Version 5.1.3 (2020-02-17)
- InfoDesk has made a change to the PipelinePlus exports which can cause errors when combining or updating charts. We recommend that all PipelinePlus users upgrade to this release.
- Modify the Print dialog to allow printing ranges that start or end beyond record 999.
- Fixed a bug which could cause problems bringing data from VantagePoint (not the Smart Chart Edition) back into charts.
New and Fixed in Version 5.1.2 (2019-10-13)
NOTE: Some users are having problems installing updates at this time. We expect to have this issue fixed soon. If you need to install now, visit our support site for tips.
Drug Pipeline Databases
- Added support for Clarivate Integrity on the InfoDesk platform.
- In Reference Rows, added a column rule for the Row Status column to give a more accurate view of the status of a group of rows following an update.
- Made improvements to the Identify Common Trial ID tool to block some identifiers (like grant ids) which would cause trials to be grouped inappropriately.
- Added a new column from PubMed with supporting grants.
- Fixed a bug which could cause a crash when you undo the Edit | Add Column command.
Fixed in Version 5.1.1 (2019-06-19)
- Some records in IMS R&D Focus on Dialog are missing drug names. The document title is now used as the drug name in this case.
- Fixed a bug in the Summary Records export when an empty cell follows a subtable.
Announcing Version 5.1 (2019-04-30)
- Added a new entry on the Tools menu to change row links for Pharmaprojects and TrialTrove to point to the new Citeline website. This can be used with charts from the old Citeline website, or from other systems like Dialog or InfoDesk PipelinePlus.
- Added a new option for the Word - Summary Records export to skip empty fields.
- Added support for new "Reason for Trial Discontinuation" controlled-vocabulary field in clinical trial records from Cortellis. Also fixed a problem which was causing the Suspension Reason text field from being extracted.
New in Version 5.0.2 (2019-03-07)
- Made a small adjustment to the sort order for very early pre-clinical phases.
New and Fixed in Version 5.0.1 (2019-02-10)
- Fixed a problem with dragging items on the Sort panel and View Columns panel which caused crashes and in some cases corrupted chart files.
Clinical Trial Databases
- Now populating the "Drug(s)" column in Adis Clinical Trials.
- Fixed a problem in Excel exports which could cause an extra blank cell in some rows, shifting the remaining cells to the right.
Announcing Version 5.0 (2018-09-30)
We are pleased to announce the release of BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite Version 5.0.
- Improved Common Drug Name grouping, preventing a single database from grouping multiple records with a single synonym. We continue to work on improving matching, both for drug names and clinical trial identifiers, and welcome your feedback.
- You can now create links from NCT numbers and DOIs in a column, by setting a column property. Learn more on our Full Text Links support page.
- Includes a new Summary Records export, which creates a note card-like presentation in Word from your drug pipeline and clinical trial data. Structure images can be included in the report. Visit our Summary Records export page to learn more.
- Introduces support for the next generation of Pharmaprojects and Trialtrove from Citeline. This build includes a few fixes and adjustments to the Trialtrove filters.
- Adds support for the Cortellis Clinical Trials Intelligence platform. Subscribers to CTI will see significantly more data in their BizInt exports.
- Significant improvements to support of all databases on the InfoDesk PipelinePlus platform.
- Continued improvements to our support of clinicaltrials.gov, including Overall Official, a new Officials Table, a Has Results flag, and Funding Class.
- Improved abstract display in Medline on several platforms, support for Author Keywords and Corresponding Author when present (primarily on ProQuest Dialog and PubMed).
New in Version 4.6.8 (2018-09-18)
- Support for the next generation Trialtrove and Pharmaprojects is just about ready for release in Version 5.0. We'd love a few more eyes checking these new exports out, so if you're able to install software easily, please give the new Citeline platform a try and let us know if you find any issues. More details can be found on our Citeline Next Generation support page.
- Improved the display of section headings in Medline to help with text analysis projects. This change has been made for exports from PubMed and ProQuest Dialog.
New and Fixed in Version 4.6.7 (2018-09-05)
Drug Pipeline Databases
- Adds support for the remaining fields from the next generation Pharmaprojects platform. All fields are now being exported, with the exception of a few fields planned for implementation later this year. You can learn more on our Citeline Next Generation support page. Please let us know if you find any issues.
Fixed in Version 4.6.6 (2018-08-28)
Clinical Trials Databases
- Fixed an error message when opening or building charts in version 4.6.5.
- Improved display of Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria in Trialtrove's next generation platform.
New and Fixed in Version 4.6.5 (2018-08-26)
Clinical Trials Databases
- This release continues the implementation of support for the next generation Citeline platform. TrialTrove support should be complete in this version, including support for several newly available fields. Learn more about the current status on our Citeline Next Generation support page.
New in Version 4.6.4 (2018-08-06)
Clinical Trials Databases
- Preliminary support for Trialtrove on the next generation Citeline platform. We're aware of a few fields missing from the export at this time. New fields introduced in this export are not yet mapped to other databases. Learn more about the new Citeline platform on our Citeline Next Generation support page.
New in Version 4.6.3 (2018-08-05)
Drug Pipeline Databases
- Preliminary support for Pharmaprojects on the new generation Citeline platform. A number of fields are not yet exported from Pharmaprojects - see a current list on our Citeline Next Generation support page.
New in Version 4.6.2 (2018-07-20)
- Added support for Author Keywords from PubMed and from PQD (Medline and EMBASE). Added support for Corresponding Author on PQD. Created a Prepublication column for PubMed exports ("Yes" when the PublicationStatus is aheadofprint).
Fixed in Version 4.6.1 (2018-07-10)
- Supported a change in the internal label in the Clarivate Analytics
Integrity export files which caused an error when trying to import
Integrity exports. Clarivate restored the original file format on 12
July, so this release is no longer required to create reports from
Introducing Version 4.6 (2018-06-24)
- Adds support for the Cortellis Clinical Trials Intelligence platform. You will notice many new fields from Cortellis clinical trials, but these will only be populated if you subscribe to the CTI module. The database name will include "(CTI)" if you are building reports from this module.
- Fixed a problem with extracting the Update Date from Adis R&D Insight on InfoDesk PipelinePlus.
- Fixed a problem in Reference Rows when exporting cells with structure images to summary records exports.
New in Version 4.5.2 (2018-05-01)
- Improved the display of Overall Official from clinicaltrials.gov, adding a new Officials Table column as an alternate presentation.
New in Version 4.5.1 (2018-03-05)
- Added two new fields to charts from ClinicalTrials.gov: Has Results, which reads "Yes" if the trial has results data; and Funding Class, which lists all of the sponsor agency classes.
- For DOI links, added a new entry on the Options menu to specify the base URL. For more information on configuring DOI links, or the NCT links introduced in version 4.5, see our Configuring Full Text Links web page.
- When exporting to HTML or Word, and only including the first record in each group in the export, you can now place the link on the first column of the chart (rather than relying on the Database column). Note that this option is not available if the first column is a subtable.
Announcing Version 4.5 (2018-02-12)
- Automatically generate links in exports from NCT numbers to ClinicalTrials.gov records for columns (e.g. NCT Number, Common Trial ID) which contain NCT numbers, by selecting a new option on Column Properties. See our Configuring Full Text Links web page for instructions.
- Updated processing of Study Design and Latest Update date fields from ClinicalTrials.gov.
- Automatically generate links in exports from DOIs to an article (currently only via doi.org) by selecting a new option on Column Properties.
- Added support for a new segment of EMBASE on Ovid.
- Updated Reference Rows to version 3.0, with the latest export features, improvements to Generate Common Drug Name, and a fix for problems caused by installing multiple versions of the software on the same machine.
New and Fixed in Version 4.4.2 (2017-12-21)
- Improved Common Drug Name grouping: this is the first release of ongoing development to improve behavior of the "Identify Common Drug Names" tool. This release prevents a single database from listing a synonym in more than one record. Note that the actual name selected for the Common Drug Name column might not be as good a choice as it was before.
- PipelinePlus: Added support for Adis R&D Insight records and fixed several problems with Cortellis drug profiles on PipelinePlus.
- PipelinePlus: In additional to the original database records, you will now see InfoDesk PipelinePlus records as additional rows in your table, created from the PipelinePlus preferred terminology. There is an option under Preferences to display these records (currently selected by default.)
New and Fixed in Version 4.4.1 (2017-09-03)
- Updated the InfoDesk PipelinePlus definitions to load the original publisher content for drug profiles. Users of PipelinePlus should install this update.
- Calculates an estimated trial completion date in EudraCT when a trial duration is given.
Announcing Version 4.4 (2017-08-06)
- Added a new Summary Records export to Word for Drug Pipelines and Clinical Trials data.
- Fixed the mapping of Completion Date and Primary Endpoints Completed dates between trials sources. Add new NCT Number column to all trials databases. Improve display of Outcomes, with consistent formats across databases.
- Treat organizations which provide material support as Sponsors in EudraCT.
- Update identity for Cortellis and Integrity from Clarivate Analytics.
New and Fixed in Version 4.3.1 (2017-02-15)
- Modified the filters for Ovid to be more forgiving of variations in file segment names for Embase and Medline.
Announcing Version 4.3 (2016-12-12)
- Added support for Adis Drug Insights on ProQuest Dialog.
- Added new Tool to extract the highest phase for each indication in the Drug Development Phase table.
New and fixed in Version 4.2.3 (2016-10-07)
- Several fixes related to Eudra Clinical Trials: fix the "Unable to understand file" error that some users experience when importing results; import results with only a single trial; handle multi-line trial titles (a rare occurrence).
New and Fixed in Version 4.2.2 (2016-06-13)
- Fixed several performance problems when loading results from InfoDesk PipelinePlus. Also fixed a problem with the import of Cortellis DrugId.
- Clean up Licensing Availability and Major Market Status from Pharmaprojects (Citeline web and InfoDesk).
- Fixed two crashes in Reference Rows - a crash during the wizard when applying a rules template; and a crash when exporting to Excel if all rows for a source database are hidden.
New and Fixed in Version 4.2.1 (2016-02-26)
- Adds support for a new file segment in Embase on Ovid, and fixes a problem with descriptor processing in that file.
- Supports an upcoming change to InfoDesk PipelinePlus which will change some internal labels for Pharmaprojects data.
Announcing Version 4.2 (2016-01-28)
With Version 4.2 we are proud to release official support for InfoDesk PipelinePlus and improvements in exports to Excel and Word.
- Links back to the PipelinePlus system are available for all records, with support for all export formats including Excel and Word. More details can be found at: www.bizint.com/infodesk
- Uses the correct form of links for Cortellis and InfoDesk PipelinePlus when exporting to Excel and Word from BizInt Smart Charts or Reference Rows. These links use a special form of the record URL which won't cause the Office tools to report errors.
- Major improvements to Excel exports from Reference Rows, allowing more control over the source database presentation. Fixed display issues with these changes in version 4.1.1.
New and Fixed in Version 4.1.1 (2016-01-06)
- Fixed a bug in the Reference Rows export to Excel when all rows for a particular database are hidden. Also added an option to control whether the list of source databases is shown in separate columns.
BizInt Smart Charts for Drug Pipelines
- Fixed several issues with imports from InfoDesk PipelinePlus: links are now captured for all records; leading spaces in many values have been removed; properly classifies companies as Originator in Cortellis and R&D Focus records.
Announcing Version 4.1 (2015-10-31)
Announcing Version 4.1, with support for EudraCT and enhanced support for CT.gov, TrialTrove, Ovid and PubMed, plus initial support for InfoDesk PipelinePlus.
BizInt Smart Charts for Clinical Trials
- New - Support for clinical trials downloads from the European Clinical Trials Registry (EudraCT).
- ClinicalTrials.gov: Cleaned up the presentation of several fields from ClinicalTrials.gov.
- TrialTrove: Added support for several new fields on TrialTrove: "CT.gov sites"; "MeSH Terms"; "Source".
- Ovid: Several Embase file segments were not being recognized. Now captures the document link and annotations, if present in the XML export.
- PubMed: Adds support for clinical trial IDs in PubMed.
- Fixed a problem which would cause charts not to open after creation in BizInt Smart Charts for Clinical Trials.
BizInt Smart Charts for Drug Pipelines
- Preliminary support for the new BizInt Smart Charts export from InfoDesk PipelinePlus, with initial support for publisher records from Pharmaprojects, Cortellis, and R&D Focus. Publisher content from R&D Insight is not imported in this release. Learn more.
Announcing Version 4.0 (2015-09-06)
We are proud to announce the release of Version 4.0 of BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite, which includes both BizInt Smart Charts for Drug Pipelines and BizInt Smart Charts for Clinical Trials.
As of September 2015, release notes will be issued for the BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite.
If you are licensed for both BizInt Smart Charts for Drug Pipelines and BizInt Smart Charts for Clinical Trials, please install the BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite. If you are licensed for only BizInt Smart Charts for Drug Pipelines, please contact us to arrange a trial of BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite, which will give you the capabilities of BizInt Smart Charts for Clinical Trials through the end of your current license.
- New Launch Timeline visualization in VP-SCE, with improved exports to simplify the workflow for many recipes in the Cookbook.
- New toolbar icons have been added for Combine and Update.
- The Full Text Link column in CSV exports is now written as a plain URL (no HTML markup). A new option has been added to the Excel export from Reference Rows to show plain URLs for publisher links.
- Prevents cells from overflowing Excel limits in CSV exports.
BizInt Smart Charts for Clinical Trials
- Support for clinical trials databases has been moved from BizInt Smart Charts for Drug Pipelines into a new product, BizInt Smart Charts for Clinical Trials
- Support for the WHO ICTRP clinical trials registry platform. ICTRP trials can be combined with results from the other supported clinical trials databases: Adis CTI; Citeline Trial Trove; Thomson Cortellis Clinical Trials Intelligence; and ClinicalTrials.gov.
- Support for Embase, Medline, and Biosis on several platforms: classic STN; new STN; ProQuest Dialog; Ovid.
- Support for Medline exports from PubMed, using the XML format.
BizInt Smart Charts for Drug Pipelines
- Extracts the list of Formulations from the drug development phase tables in Integrity into a column.
- Support for clinical trials databases has been moved from BizInt Smart Charts for Drug Pipelines into a new product, BizInt Smart Charts for Clinical Trials
Charts created with Version 4.0 can be opened in Version 3.x software.
New in Version 3.7.4 (2015-04-26)
- Added support for the Adis databases (R&D Insight, Clinical Trials, and Pharmacovigilence) on the new Springer Adis platform.
New and Fixed in Version 3.7.3 (2015-03-09)
- Records in Cortellis which have no development status information were missing many other fields as well.
- Fixed the mapping of the Drugs field from Adis CTI to other databases.
New and Fixed in Version 3.7.2 (2014-11-18)
- Trialtrove's Study Keywords was not being loaded; fixed that and updated several field labels.
- Cleaned up the display of subject ages in all trial databases.
- The "Drugs" field from clinicaltrials.gov now includes interventions listed as biologics, genetics, and dietary supplements.
- Fixed an error in how the latest update date from Integrity was mapped to the other databases.
- Changed the terminology of the Compare Columns command and changed the default column titles to match.
- When charts are opened, the software will come to the fore (opening if minimized).
- Reference Rows no longer scrolls back to the top when you change column rules.
New and Fixed in Version 3.7.1 (2014-10-02)
- Adverse Events text wasn't being imported from Adis R&D Insight.
- Now extracts both Completion Date and Primary Completion Date from ClinicalTrials.gov (the previous Completion Date was actually the Primary Completion Date).
- The column list on the Compare Columns wizard is now sorted alphabetically.
Announcing Version 3.7.0 (2014-09-07)
- Added a new "Compare Columns" command which creates a new column showing the changes between two columns.
- Added the "Create Subtable" command which was previously only available in Reference Rows.
- The Statistics command is now available on the right mouse menu, and loads the current column as the default selection.
- Added support for Cortellis Clinical Trials Intelligence.
- Reference Rows includes a new "Summarize Unique Values" rule, which lists all values while removing duplicates.
- Reference Rows can now import data from VP-SCE directly.
- Fixed a few issues with Reference Rows: editing a cell now causes the rules to be re-run for that cell; and user-selected cells are handled correctly when using Summarize column rules.
Fixed in Version 3.6.4 (2014-08-01)
- Fixed a problem with how fields returned from VP-SCE appear when editing cell contents.
- Fixed two bugs when Updating charts using Advanced options: "Fill empty cells with text" would cause duplicate cells in the row, and user cells would never update if "Append differing values in user cells" option was off. Also fixed a "Not responding" problem when combining or updating large charts.
New and Fixed in Version 3.6.3 (2014-06-30)
- Fixed problem with how "Discontinued" phases were sorted in 3.6.2.
- Created "All actions" column for Cortellis, combining Target-based and Other actions.
- Support for the just-released changes to Adis Clinical Trials Insight.
New and Fixed in Version 3.6.2 (2014-05-16)
- Fixed a problem with change reporting (both Row Status and cell color coding) when updating previously updated charts.
- Row URLs were not being captured for the new Cortellis Clinical Trials imports. This has been fixed.
New and Fixed in Version 3.6.1 (2014-03-23)
- Fixed a problem which would cause incorrect Development Summary text to be associated with Cortellis Drug Profiles in some cases.
- Links back to Cortellis are modified when exporting to Word or Excel to fix problems with being taken to the login page instead of the desired record.
- Added a new field Location Details to ClinicalTrials.gov charts.
- This release includes support for for the coming Cortellis Clinical Trials export.
- WARNING: A bug was discovered in this release in which the Update function marks some unchanged rows as new. We strongly recommend updating to a later release if you have version 3.6.1 installed.
Announcing Version 3.6.0 (2013-10-07)
- Enhanced clinical trial support, including more fields and better trial matching across databases.
- Integration with VantagePoint-Smart Charts Edition enables data cleanup, filtering, and visualization.
- Support for IMS R&D Focus on ProQuest Dialog (use the XML - version 2.0 export format).
- Includes BizInt Smart Charts Reference Rows version 1.1. This release includes an export to Excel and the ability to create tables summarizing information from the records in a group.
- The installation works more reliably now when installing on a new computer (you do not have to create the installation folder by hand).
New and Fixed in Version 3.5.8 (2013-09-22)
- Note: We expect to release version 3.6 with these features (and more) in the next few weeks. If you have a long testing process for new releases, we suggest you wait for version 3.6.0.
- Updated the definition for Cortellis to reflect changes in the BizInt export.
- Fixed problems with the Generate Common Trial IDs not matching many forms of EudraCT number.
- Records from Integrity did not have an Update Date if the record had never been updated. We now show the creation date in this situation.
- Fixed a problem with some development status entries in Integrity. Also changed how we mark "no development reported" development status to flag the status, not the country as we previously did.
- Cleaned up some formatting problems with Study ID from Adis CTI.
- Added a new Excel export to Reference Rows.
- We've tried to improve the behavior of the installer when the user doesn't have Administrator privileges, including warning you if you pick an install directory which isn't writeable. Also fixed a bug in the menu and desktop short cuts if you didn't install to the default location.
New and Fixed in Version 3.5.7 (2013-02-26)
- Cortellis has changed the field label for the update date. The new label is supported in this release.
New and Fixed in Version 3.5.6 (2012-12-21)
- Added support for importing subtables from Vantage Point - Smart Charts Edition (VP-SCE).
- Added a new Extract High Phase in Column tool to extract the highest phase from a Drug Development Phase column. This tool can be used in conjunction with a filtered subtable from VP-SCE to create a column containing the highest phase for a particular indication. See the recipe on our website for more details.
- Added several variations for Phase 1/2 and Phase 2/3 to our sorting order for development phase.
New and Fixed in Version 3.5.5 (2012-11-08)
- Added a mapping for the Drug Development Phase in Cortellis to the other databases.
New and Fixed in Version 3.5.4 (2012-10-27)
- Added a new HTML export option to write the contents of subtables without the use of tables (this may help make Word exports easier to edit).
- Sorting by date did not work if the database only provided a month and year (no day). We've extended date sorting to work with months. The default sort type for Start and Completion dates in the clinical trials databases has been set to Date.
- Adis R&D Insight can include qualifiers in the Indications field. We created a new field "Indications (Extended)" for the fully-specified indications. Only the basic indication appears in the Indications field now. The basic indication is also used in the Drug Development Phase column.
New and Fixed in Version 3.5.3 (2012-09-23)
- Adding mappings for some additional fields in clinical trials data.
- Add support for a new Last Update Field in Thomson Integrity records. Also clean up presentation of drug names with multiple generic types.
- Fixed a bug in Vantage Point XML export.
New and Fixed in Version 3.5.2 (2012-07-09)
- Added support for the new BizInt export from Thomson Reuters Cortellis.
- Enhanced support for ClinicalTrials.gov by adding Arms table and cleaning up presentation of Interventions table.
New and Fixed in Version 3.5.1 (2012-06-20)
- Fixed a few display glitches on the new View | Columns panel.
- Updated the online help file.
- Includes Reference Rows Version 1.0.2.
Announcing Version 3.5.0 (2012-06-04)
- Redesigned the interface in Step 3 of the File|Combine and File|Update wizards.
- A new View|Columns panel makes it easier to select and rearrange columns.
- BizInt Smart Charts Reference Rows utility is automatically installed (as an option) when you install the latest 3.5 software. You no longer need to download and install separately.
- New "Acrobat" and "Excel - Optimized HTML" export options.
- New XML Smart Data Exchange export, with a direct export to VantagePoint 7.1.
- New toolbar, application, and import file (.brd) icons.
Fixed in Version 3.4.12 (2012-01-24)
- Certain records in Thomson Pharma would cause a "String Reference Out of Range" error when building charts with version 3.4.11. This problem has been fixed.
New and Fixed in Version 3.4.11 (2012-01-17)
- Added a new "HTML - optimized for Excel" export which preserves most formatting while only using one row in Excel for each row in BizInt Smart Charts. Some small changes were made to the other HTML exports as well to improve appearance.
- Fixed a problem with date presentation in the Latest Change and Drug Development Phase fields from Thomson Pharma.
New and Fixed in Version 3.4.10 (2012-01-02)
- Adds a command on the File menu to send the current chart to BizInt Smart Charts Reference Rows. This release can also open saved Reference Rows charts, converting the chart back to a BizInt Smart Charts for Patents chart.
- Added a new export option "HTML - for Acrobat" which launches the standard HTML export directly to Adobe Acrobat.
- Added support for the "Why Stopped" field in ClinicalTrials.gov.
New and Fixed in Version 3.4.9 (2011-10-30)
- Fixed a problem which could cause incorrect row update dates in Thomson Pharma.
- Fixed a problem with how indications were being loaded from Adis R&D Insight's XML feed.
- Added an update date to Adis CTI rows (extracted from the study history).
- Changed the default full-text patent links from Micropatent to the various patent offices. Added support for links to Thomson Innovation for all authorities, and for Patentscope as a target for PCTs.
New and Fixed in Version 3.4.8 (2011-10-02)
- Cleaned up several fields in the XML implementations of Adis R&D Insight, and in the presentation of summary text in Thomson Pharma.
- Added support for a proprietary load of a supported database.
New and Fixed in Version 3.4.7 (2011-09-18)
- If you click in a column and press Sort, and no other sorts are in effect, the column will be directly added to the sort list.
- Cleaned up several mappings between databases for clinical trial data (adding mappings for companies and summary text).
- Cleaned up HTML markup in the Ongoing Trial Comments field in Adis CTI.
New and Fixed in Version 3.4.6 (2011-07-24)
- Added some flexibility in how trial IDs are handled in Generate Common Trial ID.
- Updated database definitions to work with changes to Adis R&D Insight on Ovid, particularly in the Drug Development Phase table.
New and Fixed in Version 3.4.5 (2011-07-10)
- Added a new XML Smart Data Exchange export for transferring chart contents to analysis tools, as well as the ability to import results from those tools in the same XML format. Note that this format is currently in Beta, and may see some small changes based on initial feedback.
- Updated the definitions for full-text patent links to espacenet to work with the new V.5 servers.
New and Fixed in Version 3.4.4 (2011-05-04)
- The first column (typically Drug Name) is now available to be selected and moved on the Columns panel.
- "Sort" now appears on the right mouse button menu.
- Cleaned up handling of Study ID from the new Adis Clinical Trials Insight.
New and Fixed in Version 3.4.3 (2011-02-27)
- Updated Adis R&D Insight to include new fields, and added the new generation of Adis Clinical Trials Insight.
- Now extracts the Route of Administration from Thomson Reuters Integrity records. Also added some default templates for Integrity.
- Now extracting the Active, Ceased, Fully Launched field from Pharmaprojects.
- Added two new fields to TrialTrove for terminated trials.
- Silent installations are now supported. See the instructions page for more details.
New and Fixed in Version 3.4.2 (2010-11-02)
- Improved handling of markup in cells for HTML exports. Among other things, this fixes a problem where < or > characters in cells would confuse Microsoft Word about where cells ended. Also URLs at the start of any line are now converted to hyperlinks in the HTML
- Added new Tool to Generate Common Trial IDs for clinical trials charts.
- Updated processing of Study ID field in Adis Clinical Trials Database.
- Updated definition for ClinicalTrials.gov to extract the Acronym and Location Countries fields.
New and Fixed in Version 3.4.1 (2010-10-08)
- A small number of users upgrading from Version 3.3 to Version 3.4 found that when they opened a chart file or an import file, Version 3.3 would launch instead of the new software. This is fixed when installing this version. Check our Webinar schedule to learn more about Version 3.4.
- We discovered a problem with IMS R&D Focus on Ovid in which the Originator was not always being populated. This has been fixed.
- OvidSP now includes an option to include the jumpstart link in the record. This link is now loaded as the URL for a row when present.
- When saving a chart, the entire chart will be freshly written every time. This has been the case for Save As for a long time.
- The Sort panel now starts with the current column selected. Also there is now a toolbar button for sorting.
- Added a new command to hide the current column.
- The URL for Patbase Express direct links has changed. The software has been updated to work with the new URL.
New and Fixed in Version 3.4.0 (2010-09-06)
- Version 3.4 features a number of improvements for support of Windows 7 and Vista.
- We recommend that customers who require an in-house certification process for new software begin the process with Version 3.4.
- A new installation package now supports Administrator installations and many other common Windows features.
- Application settings and saved templates are now stored in a user-writeable directory, not in the installation directory.
- During installation, you now have the option to take over the handling of file types used by the AdisInsight and Citeline editions of BizInt Web Charts.
- Details of all the changes which affect installation and administration of BizInt Smart Charts can be found at bizcharts.com/version3.4.
- The File | Import panel now lists the BRD file type by default (instead of All Files).
- New features for moving rows within a chart (added in version 3.3.21).
- Support for Citeline Pipeline (added in version 3.3.14).
- Support for ClinicalTrials.gov (added in version 3.3.17).
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.21 (2010-04-26)
- Fixed a problem that could cause a crash or smeared image when pasting images into a chart cell.
- Sorting by Date is now more flexible, and will properly sort the start and end dates from Adis Clinical Trials Insight (for example).
- Added two new targets for links: Patbase Express family view; and PatentOrder Direct PDF access.
- A new command on the Edit menu allows you to move a row (or rows) within the chart, to the top, bottom, or to a specific position in the chart.
Fixed in Version 3.3.20 (2010-03-05)
- Fixes an annoyance in version 3.3.19 in which the software reports that unsaved files were found even when all files were saved.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.19 (2010-03-04)
- Fixed problems (errors or slow response) that some users were having when importing ZIP files.
- Fixed a problem which could cause BizInt Smart Charts for Drug Pipelines and BizInt Web Charts - Citeline Edition to interfere with each other when run at the same time.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.18 (2010-02-16)
- A recent change to the Pharmaprojects system included images in a format that caused a crash. This problem has been fixed.
- At the same time we fixed the problem which would sometimes cause a black line to appear to the right of structure images.
- Changed branding of Prous Integrity to Thomson Reuters Integrity.
- Removed the DataStar search interface from BizInt Smart Charts for Drug Pipelines. You can still build charts from DataStar by importing your transcript.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.17 (2009-11-08)
- Added initial support for clinicaltrails.gov
- A small change to the View Rows panel now shows the row list starting with the current row. Once changes are made, the chart remains at the same position. Likewise for View Columns and Apply Template, the chart no longer jumps back to the top.
- Updated branding of records for Thomson Pharma and for Pharmaprojects.
- Note: due to a change in the Prous Integrity export format, this version (or later) is required to build charts from Integrity.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.16 (2009-10-08)
- Some records from Pharmaprojects on DataStar could cause a crash due to a malformed data in one field. The problem has been fixed.
- Phase 4 clinical trials now sort after "Launched" in Development Phase sorts.
- Added support for Adis RPI.
Fixed in Version 3.3.15 (2009-09-15)
- A bug in version 3.3.14 prevents the user from creating charts from many databases. This has been fixed in this build.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.14 (2009-09-13)
- Added full support for the Citeline Pipeline database using their BizInt export format. Pipeline, while based on Pharmaprojects, is treated as a separate database for purposes of Combine and Update.
- Updated definitions for Citeline TrialTrove to reflect new data fields.
- Lehman data is no longer present in Adis R&D Insight. Fields have been removed.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.13 (2009-08-21)
- Paste of simple text now fills the range of selected cells.
- Extremely large Notes fields were causing several problems in TrialTrove. These are now handled properly.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.12 (2009-07-26)
- Fixed a problem with extracting update date from Adis R&D Insight records from the Adis Insight web platform.
- Introduced preliminary support for Citeline Pipeline.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.11 (2009-04-21)
- Fixed the TRIP export file reader to handle new header lines.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.10 (2009-03-06)
- Links back to records on the new IDdb/Thomson Partnering site were broken. Charts built with this version or later will have correct links.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.9 (2009-03-04)
- Fixed a crash in version 3.3.8 that could occur when combining some charts from Adis R&D Insight.
- The File Import dialog can now be resized to view longer file names.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.8 (2009-02-08)
- Fixed a problem that could sometimes cause cells to be placed in the wrong column when combining charts with no images. This bug tended to manifest itself most often with charts from Prous Integrity, but could affect any database.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.7 (2009-01-28)
- Pharmaprojects on DataStar was reloaded with a complete change to the file structure. The software has been updated to work with the reload. If you are importing transcripts from DataStar or using the built-in search interface, you should upgrade now.
- Added mapping for "Technology" column between IDdb drug and patent records.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.6 (2008-05-05)
- Updated Help file. Fixed behavior of help button on some dialogs.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.5 (2008-04-17)
- The method by which large blocks of text were truncated for display in the table has been improved. You can also control the amount of text to be included in a cell from the Options menu entry "Text truncation in cells."
- Thomson Pharma has changed the format of some dates in the export. These have been fixed.
- Updated definitions for Adis R&D Insight and Adis Clinical Trials Insight to reflect newly available fields.
- Added mouse wheel support to record display and print preview.
- Adjusted drug name matching for various ways that Adis R&D Insight presents "trademark".
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.4 (2008-03-06)
- A new option on the HTML export panels allows you to turn off the "Link" to publisher records under the row number.
- Help is now accessible under Vista.
- Added Date and Confidence Level to the Development Status table in the IDdb.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.3 (2008-01-15)
- The Purpose field is now available as a column in Adis CTI.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.2 (2008-01-03)
- The old host name for accessing DataStar no longer works. If you are trying to access rserve.krinfo.ch, please change the address to datastar.dialog.com
- Accession number formats can vary slightly between platforms for Adis R&D Insight. The software now corrects for these differences when combining charts.
- New fields in Adis Clinical Trials Insight are now displayed in the record. Also cleaned up processing of subtables, and fixed a problem with the display of Study Status History and Study Center Details.
- A small change in the Latest Update field on TPharma was causing the date to be malformed in the chart. This is now handled cleanly.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.1 (2007-11-05)
- Changed the Generate Common Drug Name code to block some special characters more aggressively.
- Thomson Pharma now uses an accession number format that is slightly different from the IDdb. This is now taken into account when detecting updates in charts.
- Fixed a small formatting glitch in the Row Number column when exporting to HTML for Word or HTML for Excel.
- A sort order has been defined for the Row Status column.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.0 (2007-10-09)
- Updated definitions for Adis Clinical Trials Database.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.0 Preview #3 (2007-10-08)
- You can now combine charts from Adis Clinical Trials Database and Citeline TrialTrove into a single chart.
- The option to generate links to full-text patents when exporting to HTML has been added to this product. This can be used with fields such as Related Patents in Prous Integrity to create links to Micropatent, Delphion, esp@cenet, or PatentOrder.
- The imported file name is now used as the default chart title.
- A few more small adjustments to the Combine/Update wizard.
- Color coding for "Not in Added Results" row status was not showing up.
- Removed the record type drop down from the Print dialog, since it was not working properly.
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.0 Preview #2 (2007-10-01)
- Fixed a few glitches in the new Combine interface, including restoring the color coding for different databases in the list of charts.
- The various row-shading styles (from the Page Setup panel) now carry over to all of the HTML export formts. The same is also true for the color coding and highlighting of cells.
- Fixed a bug which caused the first row to always appear as it's own shading color when using the shade based on sort order style.
- An option has been added to the Sort panel to automatically invoke the style for shading based on sort order.
- Changes to Page Setup can now be undone.
- Now handles Inteleos records with "other synonyms".
New and Fixed in Version 3.3.0 Preview #1 (2007-09-16)
- A major reworking of the Combine dialog has been implemented. Details of the changes are at http://www.bizcharts.com/support/combine33.htm
- Some bugs in the new row shading scheme have been fixed. This includes a problem with hidden rows and undo.
- The Commercial Introduction field in R&D Insight on Dialog was relabeled. The new label is now supported.
New and Fixed in Version 3.2.13 (2007-09-04)
- You can now choose a row shading scheme which changes the shading every time the primary sort value changes. This is controlled on the Page Setup panel.
- Fixed several artifacts to do with row shading when printing.
- Fixed a problem which could cause a crash when highlighting rows or cells.
- Added support for the Lehman Market Analysis and Ratings fields in Adis R&D Insight (from XML sources).
- The software will now open raw data from TrialTrove and Adis Insight websites by default (when you use their charting function).
New and Fixed in Version 3.2.12 (2007-07-19)
- Increased the resolution of images in the chart when exporting to Word.
- Prous Integrity has several changes. Patents were missing, but are once again present. Milestones data has been enhanced. Development status entries which are not in active development are indicated by the country being placed in square braces.
- Removed extra header line from Drug Development History in Adis R&D Insight (web).
- Updated definitions for Pharmaprojects on Dialog.
New and Fixed in Version 3.2.11 (2007-06-20)
- Added Milestones to record display for Prous Integrity.
- Fixed a number of small issues which would only occur in very specific instances.
New and Fixed in Version 3.2.10 (2007-04-09)
- Updated definition for Pharmaprojects on Ovid so that Ratings once again import.
New and Fixed in Version 3.2.9 (2007-03-29)
- When a chart with multiple images in a row is exported to HTML, the same image would appear in each image cell. This has been fixed.
New and Fixed in Version 3.2.8 (2007-03-06)
- If there are hidden rows present in a chart, common drug names were not being assigned to the correct rows.
New and Fixed in Version 3.2.7 (2007-03-05)
- The Indication and Mechanism of Action searches no longer worked in IMS R&D Focus on DataStar following the reload. This has been fixed.
- The definition for TrailTrove in the latest builds was incorrect and has been updated.
New and Fixed in Version 3.2.6 (2007-01-31)
- Pharmaprojects will be reloaded on DataStar the weekend of 3 February 2007. We have addressed the major structural changes in this release.
- Improved performance of color chart display.
- IMS R&D Focus companies with role "developer" were being placed in the Licensee column, not Originator. This has been fixed.
New and Fixed in Version 3.2.5 (2006-12-12)
- DataStar has changed the billing on the Pharmaprojects files so that titles are charged. This release will use different fields (ED) for the update date, keeping titles free, but possibly causing extra Updated rows when updating a chart.
- Generate Common Drug names was not writing the assigned names to the correct column if the column was already present.
New and Fixed in Version 3.2.4 (2006-11-20)
- Updated definitions for IMS R&D Focus on DataStar to match the recent major changes.
- When two charts containing similar results are combined, and the older chart is listed as the key chart, individual cells can be color coded with change details. Use the Color Code Changed Cells selection on the View menu to turn this color coding on and off.
- Some new options for flagging changes during Combine have been added. See www.bizcharts.com/support/combine.htm for details.
New and Fixed in Version 3.2.3 (2006-10-29)
- Support for Inteleos exports is now available.
New and Fixed in Version 3.2.2 (2006-10-11)
- Support for enhanced Prous Integrity exports is now available. The new export includes structures, several more fields, and links back to the Integrity server.
New and Fixed in Version 3.2.1 (2006-10-09)
- Undo is now available for highlighting and for "Generate Common Drug Name".
- Highlights now carry over to the HTML export. There is a checkbox on the HTML Export panel which allows you to disable highlights without affecting the chart.
- Some versions of web browsers, Word, and Excel display text in sub-tables very small. There is an option on the HTML Export panel to use a larger font in sub-tables. This is saved separately for HTML, Word, and Excel exports.
- The XML definition for Pharmaprojects has been completed.
Build update (2006-10-05)
- The chart templates for TrialTrove were out of sync with the definition file. The new templates are now included.
New and Fixed in Version 3.2.0 (2006-10-03)
- Added the ability to copy cells in Excel and paste into BizInt Smart Charts.
- Fixed problems with presenting the summary text from the PJB CD/Web.
- Added support for IDdb3 patents.
- The Development Status column in the IDdb (which adds the company name to the Drug Development Phase column) is now available as a column in the chart.
- Prevented extra text in Adis drug development phase table on Datastar from corrupting the value in the chart.
- Updated TrialTrove definitions.
- Added the ability to highlight cells. The highlight does not carry over to the HTML exports at this time.
New and Fixed in Version 3.1.5 (2006-06-21)
- Update dates were not loading from IDdb results in version 3.1.4. This has been fixed. If you have version 3.1.2 through 3.1.4, we strongly recommend that you upgrade immediately.
New and Fixed in Version 3.1.4 (2006-06-15)
- Images were not loading from IDdb results in version 3.1.2. This has been fixed.
New and Fixed in Version 3.1.3 (2006-06-15)
- Fixed a build error which resulted in the wrong menus being present in version 3.1.2. One symptom was a crash when viewing Help | About.
New and Fixed in Version 3.1.2 (2006-06-14)
- When combining charts a new Row Status column is created, indicating whether the row is unchanged, new, or updated. The column is not visible by default.
- Newly created combined charts now respond to the mouse wheel.
- It is now possible to combine two or more charts in a single HTML file and have working record links for each chart.
- Fixed a problem which could cause record links (and displayed record numbers) to get out of sync in HTML export.
- Fixed a problem which could cause whitespace to be lost when importing results from IDdb.
- Character entities are now translated when importing PJB data from CDROM or Web. For example, μ is replaced with µ.
New and Fixed in Version 3.1.1 (2006-02-28)
- Several changes introduced in a recent version of DialogLink caused a number of problems with importing RTF. Among the problems were data in incorrect fields and missing images. These have been fixed.
- DialogLink 5 occasionally saves graphics with the extension .PN rather than .PNG, and we now support this.
New and Fixed in Version 3.1.0 (2006-01-19)
- Fixed a bug which caused the software to fail to load structure images from IMS R&D Focus data from the Lifecycle CDROMs.
- Added support for the latest generation of Adis Clinical Trials Insight.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0.17 (2005-12-13)
- Fixed problem which caused the "Any Target Name" field from the PJB CD to not import.
- Ovid Jumpstart links can now be generated automatically when the OvidEnableJumpstart=1 value appears in the [Database] section of the INI file.
- IDdb3 links can be redirected to an alternate server by specifying the IDdbLinkBase value in the [Database] section of the INI file. The value of this is the full path of the reports.display method.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for navigating between records (or images). Control + Page Up moves to the previous record, Control + Page Down moves to the next.
- We have improved support for custom pipeline databases in combined charts. Please let us know if you would like help including your in-house pipeline data in BizInt Smart Charts.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0.15 (2005-11-02)
- Change the default behavior when combining charts to append different values in user-added columns. This option was turned off by default.
- Added support for DialogLink 5.
- The software would sometimes ask for "the last volume of a multi- volume ZIP file", a question that doesn't make sense in this context. The software will no longer make this request.
- The development phase sort has been tweaked slightly based on user feedback. No Development Reported now sorts just below the clinical phases. Also the Biological Testing phase from Prous is now supported.
- IMS R&D Focus update date field is now properly formatted when importing from the Lifecycle website.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0.13 (2005-07-31)
- Fixed a bug which would cause Adis R&D Insight records imported from XML to be truncated in some cases.
- Fixed a bug which would cause the Molecular Weight field to sometimes be missing from Prous Integrity data.
- The CSV file generated by the Statistics command could not be read by Excel in some international settings. This has been fixed.
- Added "phase I/II" and "phase II/III" to the sorting order.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0.12 (2005-04-18)
- DataStar login would fail if the previous search session was disconnected. This has been fixed.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0.11 (2005-03-27)
- Records displayed without an explicit record definition (as in the TrialTrove database) were missing a few fields. This and a few related problems have been resolved.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0.10 (2005-03-22)
- Updated CiteLine TrialTrove definitions to add two new fields.
- Fixed a problem with logging in to DataStar when the PC prompt style is set.
- Now supports the TI field from IMS R&D Focus on DataStar when the SY field is not present.
- In IMS R&D Focus XML delivery, now properly categorizes companies marked as "developer" as originators.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0.9 (2005-02-25)
- Prous Integrity records will properly deduplicate (once again).
- Added support for the Commercial Introduction in Adis XML. The Adis R&D Insight XML support is still preliminary in this release.
- Special characters are translated better from XML sources now.
- Added an updated help file.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0.8 (2005-02-10)
- The development phase fields in Pharmaprojects on DataStar have been renamed. The definition for this file has been updated to allow the World Status and Regional Status fields to be read.
- Adis R&D Insight on DataStar was missing the start of some paragraphs in the review text. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug which caused images to print beyond the lower bounds of a row if the image column was wider than the image itself.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0.7 (2005-01-12)
- Sometimes the software would hang when trying to display titles for a search on DataStar. This problem has been fixed.
- The Development Phase sort has been updated. The primary change is that the discontinued, withdrawn, and suspended phases now sort lower than preclinical/discovery. The old behavior can be restored by adding the line CeasedSortHigh=1 to the [Preferences] section of the SMRTCHRT.INI file.
- The software no longer crashes if no printer is displayed and the user attempts to view a record.
- The user preference for how the database name appears in the title was not affecting the title at the top of the HTML table. This has been fixed.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0.6 (2004-11-29)
- Lab codes with mixed-case were not sorting properly with the Drug Name sort type. This restriction has been lifted.
- Fixed the URL edit area on the Row Properties panel so that text will wrap if exceeding one line long.
- Added full support for IMS XML delivery of R&D Focus, partial support for Pharmaprojects and R&D Insight in XML.
- A new option for creating statistics from the entire contents of a cell has been added.
- The Hide Row command is now available from the record and publisher image views. Also the chart did not redraw properly if the last row was hidden. This problem has been fixed.
- Structures drawn with ISIS/Draw can be pasted into cells.
- After performing a Save As (or saving a new chart), images in the chart would disappear, only to reappear after closing and re-opening the chart, or changing the image column size. This problem has been fixed.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0.5 (2004-11-21)
- Removed the "Include images in charts" option on the HTML Export panel. This behavior is always activated now.
- Renamed "Active HTML links in cells" option on the HTML Export panel to "Convert URLs to links", to more accurately reflect the option.
- The publisher URL for a row is now editable on the Row Properties panel.
- A new Chart Title Preferences panel (Options | Chart title style) allows you to select how the database name is shown with the chart title. You can choose to never show the database name, only to show it when the rows come from one database, or to show "Combined" when the chart comes from several sources.
- Fixed a problem which could cause the last line of text in a cell to not print in some cases.
- Introduced two new columns - Drug Name(s) and Companies - which contain the complete list of drug names and all originators/licensees, respectively.
Build Update (2004-11-11)
- Several changes described below for 3.0.3 were not included in the build by mistake. The build image was updated today with the correct definition files. The changes have been moved to this entry.
- Added Target Name and Pharmacokinetics to the list of supported fields on the PJB web/CD platform.
- In Prous Integrity, records which have no assigned name are now given a name such as "Prous Science EN-123456".
- The mapping for the IMS R&D Focus field "Latest Information" has been changed. This field now combines with the latest update details from PJB and IDdb. The combined summary text column now uses the IMS "Commercial Summary" field.
- Reformatted drug development phase subtable for the PJB and IMS to be compatible with Adis and IDdb.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0.4 (2004-11-09)
- Fixed a crash when viewing Column Properties.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0.3 (2004-11-01)
- Fixed a problem that could cause charts created with version 2.4 (or earlier) to be corrupted when saved with version 3.0.
- The "Also:" marker that could be inserted into user columns when combining was not properly formatted. This has been fixed.
- Renamed "Fit to Window" for images to "Shrink to Fit". The new name more accurately describes the software's behavior.
- Fixed two problems with the Find command. The first could cause the wrong text to be found (only if Match Case was not selected). The second could cause a crash in very specific circumstances.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0.2 (2004-09-08)
- Populated the update date for PJB rows that were affected by the last build.
- Fixed formatting problems in the PJB update history from DataStar.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0.1 (2004-09-08)
- Fixed a bug which caused PJB latest update and update history to be blank for several platforms.
- Capture link to record on server page for Adis R&D Insight.
Build image updated (2004-08-31)
- Prous Integrity records were not deduplicating when combined. This build includes an updated definition file which fixes the problem.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0.0 (2004-08-28)
- Fixed the Publisher Image View window to allow stretching images beyond 100% when ImageFitStretch=1 is set in the [Preferences] section of the INI file.
- Fixed a problem with the Cut command which caused the clipboard to be empty.
- Updated search vocabularies for PJB, IMS, and Adis.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0 Beta #13 (2004-08-08)
- Text paragraphs from IMS R&D Focus on Dialog were not being extracted under certain conditions. This appears to be common when images are included (format 9,IM). This has been fixed.
- The update history from IMS R&D Focus on CD and Web is now properly formatted.
- A problem which caused rows from R&D Focus on CD or Web to not properly deduplicate in a combined chart has been fixed.
- Records from the Adis CD-ROM containing images are now fully read.
- Fixed problems with navigating between rows using the arrow buttons in the Publisher Image View.
- Added entries to the right-mouse menu of cells to display the publisher image, or to view the image in an image cell.
- Changed the behavior of the image view so that clicking does not change the zoom level when in "Fit to Window" mode. You can change the zoom with the drop-down box or by selecting Display Options from the right-mouse menu.
- Fixed the irregular indentation which appeared in some records.
- Removed the IPD from Timely Data Resources as a searchable database, since the search strategies, vocabulary, and record handling were very severely out of date.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0 Beta #12 (2004-08-04)
- Fixed a crash when combining charts which have no images.
- Cleaned up extraction of data from Pharmaprojects on Dialog.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0 Beta #11 (2004-07-22)
- The behavior when you double-click on an image in a chart has changed. Any image (including pasted images) may now be viewed by double-clicking the cell. If you want to browse the images from the publisher, there is now a new option for Publisher Images on the View menu. This is the familiar image view from previous versions.
- You may now copy the image in the image view windows.
- Pasted images are now retained when you combine charts.
- A new "fit to window" option is available for the image viewer (this is only available for the single Image view, not the Publisher Images view in this build).
- A bug which caused some data in user-added columns to be lost when combining charts has been fixed.
- In general, the rules for how data is selected for a cell in a combined chart have been refined. See http://www.bizcharts.com/support/combine.htm for more information on this topic.
- You can now view information on what happened to a row during a combine operation on the Row Properties panel. The specific values are explained on the webpage mentioned above.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0 Beta #10 (2004-07-12)
- Copy/paste of cell ranges containing images is now supported.
- Images may now be pasted into the first column.
- If you copy a range of cells and paste to a single cell, the entire range will be pasted. If you copy a single cell and paste to a range, the value from the single cell will fill the range.
- Save As now asks whether you want to replace a file with the same name.
- A chart would (rarely) have one or more rows corrupted. In the past the user was directed to contact support for assistance. The chart is now recovered automatically, and instructions for working with the recovered chart are given to the user.
- Fixed a crash when viewing the search summary of a chart combined from PJB, IMS, Adis, IDdb, and Integrity.
- Added support for CiteLine's TrialTrove database.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0 Beta #9 (2004-06-30)
- The text fields from the AdisInsight web platform are now formatted more accurately (and attractively).
- Assigned keyboard shortcuts to access the Row and Column Properties.
- The ability to shift- or control-select was accidentally removed in the last beta. It has been restored.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0 Beta #8 (2004-06-03)
- Cleaned up how TAB/Shift+TAB move among cells and sub-cells when editing.
- You can now press Control+UpArrow or Control+DownArrow to move to the next cell in a column when editing cells (to avoid a mouse click).
- Double clicking on a column header brings up the Column Properties dialog now. Menu entries to edit the column title have been removed.
- Fixed a problem with editing subcells at the end of a sub-row which could cause the cell contents to vanish.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0 Beta #7 (2004-05-19)
- Several final file format changes are included in this build. Earlier beta releases will not be able to read files created with this version.
- Fixed a crash caused by dragging the mouse beyond the extent of the chart.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0 Beta #6 (2004-05-12)
- There are new property dialogs for rows and columns. The Row Property dialog shows you values associated with the row. The Column Property dialog allows you to change the title, width, sort type, and statistics type for a column.
- Added a new export for sending a chart and/or records to Excel. This is similar to the HTML format, retaining some of the chart format.
- Added a new export for sending a chart and/or records to Word. This is similar to the HTML format, retaining some of the chart format.
- Rearranged the formats on the export dialog to put more commonly used formats at the top of the page.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0 Beta #5 (2004-05-04)
- It turns out that some chart file problems (described in beta #4) could be saved in the file. This version can fix the problem in files created by earlier beta versions.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0 Beta #4 (2004-05-04)
- Fixed a bug in previous beta releases which caused RTF export to be corrupted (Word would report a problem with corrupted table). The charts created by prior versions are ok.
- Speaking of which, RTF now includes a table of contents marker around each title field. You can use this to create an index of your RTF file or to change display style.
- Added support for structure images from the PJB CDROM/Website.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0 Beta #3 (2004-05-03)
- At PJB's request changed "last update" to draw from the "last updated on" field (when available).
New and Fixed in Version 3.0 Beta #2 (2004-04-28)
- Added additional fields to record display for Prous Integrity.
- HTML export now includes links to publisher website at both the chart and record, when links are present.
- Row manipulation commands now appear on the right mouse menu in cells.
New and Fixed in Version 3.0 Beta #1 (2004-04-23)
- Added support for IDdb XML export.
- Fixed problem that caused rows to be truncated in printed output when the text is wrapped mid-word.
Build Update (2004-01-29)
- Updated the IDdb3 definition to support changes to the export format.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.23 (2003-12-15)
- The software could crash when viewing extremely long search summaries (via View | Search Summary). This problem has been fixed.
- Generate Common Drug Names now handles trademark symbols and trailing nomenclature names (e.g. (pINN)) correctly.
- The Style setting on the HTML Export panel is now persistent.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.22 (2003-11-19)
- Fixed a problem which would cause sub-cells to shift to the left when there were empty cells at the beginning of a sub-row (in new charts). This most often appeared in the R&D Focus "Indication Status" field.
- The Pharmacodynamics data from R&D Insight on DataStar is now loaded as part of the record.
- Accession numbers with leading zeros were causing duplicate records (e.g. in PJB when combining CD and DataStar data). This has been fixed for all future cases. Leading zeros and spaces are ignored when comparing accession numbers.
- Included highest phase in the record display for Prous Drug Data Report.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.21 (2003-11-04)
- Fixed a problem which could cause charts to be unsavable after updating.
- Fixed a problem with cell selection sometimes becoming stuck on.
- Dialog RTF files sometimes contain corrupted images. The software will now ignore these images, rather than crash when trying to load them.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.20 (2003-10-01)
- Fixed a problem which caused "End of file" messages to appear when printing or displaying records with large images.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.19 (2003-09-24)
- Fixed crash when right-clicking in chart window but below cells.
- Renamed HTML styles to something more descriptive.
- Renamed product BizInt Smart Charts for Drug Pipelines.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.18 (2003-08-29)
- Fixed problem that caused chart to print several times on some printers (under Windows 2000 or XP).
- Arrow key behavior has been changed so that the cursor doesn't go past the edge of the table (it had been wrapping to the next line).
- Editing empty sub-cell values at the end of a sub-row (or in an empty cell) sometimes caused the values to appear in the first cell after finishing the edit. This has been fixed.
- Dialog records are detected more flexibly (and accurately) now.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.17 (2003-08-08)
- Removed a warning about invalid ZIP format when non-ZIP files are imported.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.16 (2003-08-06)
- Added support for structure images from Adis Web platform.
- Fixed bug that caused images to vanish when column width increased.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.15 (2003-07-21)
- Fixed a problem which caused the menu for an image cell to possibly affect the wrong cell.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.14 (2003-07-20)
- Fixed a bug in the Dialog RTF reader which prevented files with only a single record from being recognized.
- Records from PJB on Dialog now dedup properly in the application when charts are combined.
- Added context-sensitive menus on the right mouse button.
- Fixed the software so that it can properly open read-only files. This should prevent "SHARE" error messages.
- The TAB key now moves between cells (and sub-cells) more naturally.
- Added support for mouse wheels for moving within the chart.
- Fixed a bug in the "Scaled width" HTML export style. Subtables now scale along with the rest of the chart.
- Replace All command now reports the number of replacements performed.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.13 (2003-06-09)
- A problem with crashes when displaying records has been fixed.
- There is a new option in HTML Export to make links in cells active. If you type a URL (complete with "http:" or other protocol) the text of the URL will be turned into a link. There can be multiple links in a single cell.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.12 (2003-06-02)
- HTML Export has been updated significantly. You now have the option of using stylesheets to control presentation of the chart. The old style of HTML is also available. Stylesheets are in a new css folder.
- Bold and italics are now preserved in chart cells exported to HTML.
- An option to include custom HTML above the chart, for example to include your department logo, is now available.
- In HTML export, the "back to chart" links at each record now return to the corresponding row in the table.
- The link optionally added at the top of the HTML export now handles spaces in the link properly.
- "Replace All" command is now implemented.
- Added support for structure images from IMS R&D Focus on Dialog.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.11 (2003-03-28)
- Fixed a crash when double-clicking in an empty sub-cell at the end of a sub-row.
- Fixed processing for IMS R&D Focus on Ovid so that companies with the "Developer" role are placed in the Originator column.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.10 (2003-03-12)
- Added support for Adis R&D Insight on Ovid.
- Fixed processing of Introduction paragraph in Adis R&D Insight on DataStar to recognize paragraph breaks.
- Fixed a problem which caused superscript and subscript callouts (mostly in Adis) to appear as raw RTF in the records.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.9 (2003-03-10)
- Fixed a crash when displaying records by double-clicking the row number or column heading. This crash was introduced in 2.4.7.
- You can now edit a single cell of a sub-table by double clicking on the cell.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.7 (2003-03-07)
- Added support for IMS R&D Focus on Ovid.
- Fixed problems with the display of the treatment table in records for Adis Clinical Trials Insight.
- Fixed a problem which could cause a crash under Windows XP when password protected screen savers are used.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.6 (2003-02-19)
- The "Raptor Firewall" script should no longer be necessary. The application now reads remaining text automatically, which appears to have fixed the problem. Please let us know if you continue to have "userid in use" problems.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.5 (2003-02-12)
- Some preferences can now be set on a site-wide basis. See www.bizcharts.com/support/siteini.htm for details.
- Users of the DataStar search interface who connect through a Raptor firewall may experience their userid being marked as "in use" after disconnecting. The "Raptor Firewall" script can be used to prevent this from happening.
- Fixed a bug in the Communications Options panel which caused the script selection to be blank when the panel opened. The selected script is now shown by default.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.4 (2003-01-30)
- Fixed a new and different problem with logging in to DataStar caused by a change in the database password prompt. We've contacted DataStar to see what other changes are coming, but in the meantime we suggest that you check for updates.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.3 (2003-01-29)
- Fixed a problem with logging in to DataStar which caused an "ID and Password don't match" error. This change is in response to a change in the DataStar security software.
- Introduced the ability to copy images from a chart, or paste images into a chart. There a number of limitations on this feature in this release, in particular you can't paste into the "title" (first) column. Also some color images are not importing properly.
- The "Find" command now highlights the text in the cell (and you can edit it directly). Text in sub-tables is not yet handled in the same manner.
- A new "Replace" command is available on the Edit menu. Note that in this build the "Replace All" button only replaces the current instance of the term. Replace does not work on sub- tables yet.
- Long words wrap in cells now. In general, the display in a cell matches the display when you edit a cell. Also, a slight margin has been added under the text in sub-cells.
- Editing cells under Windows NT/2000/XP no longer causes the text area to shrink.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.2 (2002-11-10)
- Updated product to work with new RTF export from IMS Lifecycle CD-ROM.
- Added support for TFO files from TRIP databases.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.1 (2002-10-13)
- Fixed error in drug name field from IMS Lifecycle products.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4.0 (2002-10-01)
- Updated search vocabulary for main DataStar databases.
- The Options | Database command now gives some feedback to indicate that the settings have changed.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4 Beta #10 (2002-09-19)
- Fixed an error in the "Add User Row" feature which could cause rows to be lost, made visible when once hidden, or have the incorrect record associated with the row. This was not a problem if the row was added at the end of the chart.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4 Beta #9 (2002-09-16)
- When sorting by highest phase the phases Discontinued, Discovery, and Clinical (Phase Unknown) were not being sorted properly. This problem was introduced in 2.3.15, and has been corrected.
- Corrected a problem with the Update feature on DataStar which caused duplicate records to be added to the chart (rather than replacing the record). Also, updates for hidden rows are marked as not selected in the list (but you can select them).
- When using the DataStar search interface, the term that you enter for a match is now presented as a search choice (along with the term as a partial word). This lets you search for a value that is not present in the search list.
- Improved the ability of the "Generate Common Drug Names" feature to match drugs.
- You can now use the PageUp and PageDown keys to move between pages on the Print Preview.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4 Beta #8 (2002-08-09)
- Fixed a problem which could cause charts to become corrupted due to damaged rows.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4 Beta #7 (2002-08-04)
- Fixed problem with Originator/Licensee formatting in IMS R&D Focus on DataStar.
- Pharmaprojects on Dialog now displays Update History properly.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4 Beta #6 (2002-07-26)
- Fixed problem that caused crash when there was the processing of a field failed. Errors are now reported to the user properly.
- Fixed problem that caused crash when exporting HTML with images in both chart and records.
- Updated processing for Pharmaprojects on Ovid.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4 Beta #5 (2002-07-22)
- Fixed problem with logging in to DataStar when "PC" prompts are set and an email address isn't on record for the account.
- Ensured that memory for images in charts is properly freed. This should remove most limitations on number of images in a chart file.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4 Beta #4 (2002-06-16)
- Fixed spelling of a few column titles, and made the Accession Number column common across all databases.
- Added templates for the Adis Clinical Trials Insight database.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4 Beta #3 (2002-06-09)
- Introduced a new command "Generate Common Drug Names" which matches both drug names and synonyms to help identify rows that refer to the same compound. A new column is created, which can be sorted, etc.
- Note the new Tools menu, containing the Generate Common Drug Names command above as well as the Statistics command (which was formerly on the View menu).
New and Fixed in Version 2.4 Beta #2 (2002-06-03)
- Fixed problems with loading images from RTF files on Dialog when the image is in the middle of the record.
- Added support for images in Pharmaprojects from Dialog, only when loaded from DialogLink 3.0 RTF files. NOTE: There is a bug in format 19 for Pharmaprojects, so if you want images we suggest using format 9,IM instead.
- Fixed presentation of some fields from IDdb3.
- Corrected some display glitches in records.
New and Fixed in Version 2.4 Beta #1 (2002-05-20)
- Added support for RTF files from DialogLink 3.0.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3.16 (2002-05-07)
- Added support for images from IMS CD-ROM.
- Added support for images from Prous Drug Data Report on Dialog.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3.15 (2002-05-02)
- Added support for images from Adis CD-ROM.
- Fixed problem that caused subtables to print incorrectly if sub-cells were empty.
- Fixed problem printing or displaying records with curly braces in them.
- Printed image quality is significantly improved.
- Added Indication Status to the PJB record display.
- Now sorts "2" or "II" as alternates for "Phase 2".
New and Fixed in Version 2.3.14 (2002-02-23)
- The "Add Row" command now adds a row immediately after the current row, rather than at the end of the chart.
- A new command is available on the View menu to "Go To Row". This allows the user to jump directly to a specific row number in the chart. You can also use CONTROL-G to bring up this command. Enter a large number (like 999) to go to the last record.
- Added two new options to the RTF export panel. The first option will add a record number to the start of each record. The second option will separate records with a horizontal line rather than a page break. This is useful for saving paper when exporting short records.
- Rows of the chart no longer move up or down on the screen when hiding rows.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3.13 (2002-02-19)
- When combining charts with duplicate rows, it was possible for the software to crash or behave erratically. A crash was likely if the same record appeared three or more times in the source charts. This has been fixed.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3.12 (2002-02-08)
- When using the Hide Rows command, the list of records in the Records panel could get out of sync with the chart. This problem has been fixed.
- Added support for the new generation of IMS R&D Focus CD-ROM and Web versions. Export the records in RTF for import into BizInt Smart Charts.
- Added preliminary support for Adis R&D Insight on Ovid.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3.11 (2002-01-10)
- Fixed a problem introduced in 2.3.10 which caused sort entries to vanish the next time the sort panel is opened.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3.10 (2001-12-09)
- Fixed a problem that would cause program to crash when opening the Sort panel on combined charts. Also fixed a related problem that would possibly cause duplicate sort columns, or cause a column to not be available for sorting.
- Fixed problem when printing records that caused an "Unexpected end of file" error message, after which the image in the record and any following text would be missing.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3.9 (2001-11-25)
- Fixed problem with saving long file names in the history (they were being truncated).
- Fixed bug that caused last image in chart (in order of creation) to be lost after Save As... operation.
- Fixed crash when closing chart opened from a directory with a long path name.
- Updated the installation to register the correct MIME type for the IDdb3.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3.8 (2001-09-17)
- Fixed problem recognizing multi-file search results from DialogClassic.com.
- Extracted additional fields from the Prous Drug Data Report.
- Added capability on Option menu to allow BizInt Smart Charts to be invoked when AdisInsight's charts button is pressed.
- Fixed the transfer of data from the IDdb to BizInt Smart Charts so that browser settings do not need to be changed.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3.7 (2001-09-09)
- Fixed errors in synonyms and indications for Pharmaprojects on DataStar, and in the indications field on Dialog.
- Added initial support for NDA Pipeline and Prous Drug Data Report, both from Dialog.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3.6 (2001-09-04)
- Added support for Pharmaprojects on Ovid.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3.5 (2001-08-14)
- Fixed a problem that would cause import of transcripts from DataStar to fail with the message that no records could be found. A particular transcript might work one day and then fail the next.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3.4 (2001-08-02)
- After building a chart from the IDdb (using the IDdb button to export to BizInt Smart Charts) the user could not import from any source other than IDdb or the PJB V4.x CD-ROM. This problem has been fixed.
- Mapped the Route of Administration fields from PJB and Adis into the same column in combined charts.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3.3 (2001-07-29)
- Fixed a problem with Adis R&D Insight on Notes that caused records to not appear in chart, and caused the chart file to be excessively large.
- Fixed the information at the start of the recvlog.txt file so that the file can be imported. Also made the software more flexible, so that it can accept the old files.
- Made the port number visible on the Network setup panel. In general, you want the port number to be 23 (telnet).
New and Fixed in Version 2.3.2 (2001-06-25)
- Added ability to use SOCKS proxy to connect to DataStar.
New and Fixed in Version 220.127.116.11 (2001-06-08)
- Fixed problem that prevented reading some transcripts from DataStarWeb.
- Allow scripts to be loaded for net connection to DataStar.
- Fixed statistics to not count hidden rows.
New and Fixed in Version 18.104.22.168 (2001-05-10)
- Disabled update for combined charts, preventing a behavior that caused a crash.
- Added checkbox on Export and Statistics panels to launch the file after creation.
New and Fixed in Version 22.214.171.124 (2001-05-06)
- Fixed splash screen in 126.96.36.199 build.
- Prevented software from trying to load 16-bit DBDefs.
- Fixed crash/lockup when reading specific transcripts from Adis CD-ROM and Notes.
- Fixed black band on right side of images.
- Added warning during Update if accession numbers are missing from records.
- Changed Print Setup command to bring up Print Setup panel, not a Page Setup panel.
New and Fixed in Version 188.8.131.52 (2001-04-29)
- Fixed display problem on Row/Column lists.
- Fixed large image display problems.
- Fixed error message when viewing page setup after printing.
- Updated search term lists for Pharmaprojects and R&D Insight.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3 beta #7 (2001-04-20)
- Fixed problem that prevented help button from working on most dialogs.
- Sort options are now preserved in a chart after doing an Update on DataStar.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3 beta #6 (2001-04-16)
- Fixed crash when sorting based on Phase of development, and possibly in other sort options.
- Hide Rows command for more than one row at a time now leaves the cursor where the hidden rows were instead of returning to the top of the file.
- Added new HTML export options.
- Added support for new (and as yet unreleased) Adis R&D Insight web delivery and PJB Pharmaprojects CD v4.1.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3 beta #5 (2001-04-12)
- Fixed crash when processing certain records from the Adis R&D Insight CD-ROM.
- Transcripts from DialogClassic.com often have a space on the title line... these lines are now loaded.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3 beta #4 (2001-04-11)
- Fixed two problems with Hide Row command when more than one row is selected: chart is marked as modified (so that the user will be asked to save); and the correct rows are now hidden when there are other hidden rows in the chart.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3 beta #3 (2001-04-09)
- Added simple (count) statistics.
- Fixed problem with font sizes in exported HTML/RTF.
New and Fixed in Version 2.3 beta #2 (2001-04-02)
- Ability to update any pipeline chart on DataStar, even if the chart was originally created on CD, Notes, Dialog, or the Internet.
- When importing the debug log (recvlog.txt) to create a chart, the titles will automatically be skipped.
- Accession Number is now available as a column in each pipeline database.
- Problems with printing and print setup have been corrected (32-bit bug).
- Changes to column widths stick (32-bit bug).
- Fonts on View | Columns panel have been fixed (32-bit bug).
New and Fixed in Version 2.3 beta #1 (2001-03-28)
- First general release of 32-bits software.
- Supports long file names.
- HTML Export includes option to include images in records.
- HTML Export generates links between charts and records which are compatible with Word and Excel.
- RTF Export includes images in records.
- Fixed error in HTML Export that caused single-character cells to be export as empty cells.
- Receive logs (recvlog.txt) generated by this version can be imported and the titles will be skipped automatically.
New and Fixed in Version 2.2.3 (2001-01-07)
- Fixed problem with IDdb3 caused by change to the HTML format from the server.
New and Fixed in Version 2.2.2 (2000-12-01)
- Fixed error in processing PJB DT paragraph due to change in format of paragraph on DataStar.
New and Fixed in Version 2.2.1 (2000-11-15)
- Added IDdb intranet version support.
New and Fixed in Version 2.2 (2000-10-16)
- Fixed incorrect processing of Highest Phase and Licensee from R&D Focus on DataStar (due to a reload of this file).
New and Fixed in Version 184.108.40.206 (2000-10-12)
- Fixed some small bugs with the Pharmaprojects V4 CD-ROM processing (in priority date and regional status).
New and Fixed in Version 2.2 Beta #6 (2000-10-07)
- Added support for the IDdb3. Note that only "summary" SmartSheets can be imported. The "full" SmartSheet format is not understood by BizInt Smart Charts.
New and Fixed in Version 2.2 Beta #5 (2000-10-04)
- Changed wording of Remain Connected questions in search interface to clear up some user confusion.
- Fixed sort order for "Discovery" and "Research Tool" development status entries in the IDdb.
New and Fixed in Version 2.2 Beta #4 (2000-10-01)
- Removed time restriction on IDdb support.
- Fixed incorrect maping of Lehman Market Analysis data fields from the Adis Knowledges Bases on the Net.
- Charts that are created using the BizInt Smart Charts search interface for DataStar will retain their search strategy when combined with other files.
- Search strategies loaded with the "Load" button will now be saved with updated charts.
- Search vocabulary for Pharmaprojects, R&D Focus, and R&D Insight updated from latest CD-ROMs.
New and Fixed in Version 2.2 Beta #3 (2000-09-24)
- Fixed an error in IDdb support that caused some fields to be loaded incorrectly if the Structure column is present in the IDdb Smartsheet.
- Fixed a problem with the Update feature that would cause incorrect records to be retrieved (only if rows were updated). The bug could result in duplicate rows in the chart, as well as missing rows in the chart.
- Fixed a problem that could result in corrupted charts following certain sequences of edits. *** If you receive an error message stating that the *** list of rows in the chart is corrupted, contact *** BizInt Solutions to have the chart repaired.
- Changed the "Save As" feature to write a fresh copy of the chart file. The result is that wasted space in the file (a natural result of editing) is removed.
- A problem that would cause the error message "Data file missing" when using the BizInt Smart Charts search interface for DataStar has been fixed. As a result, BizInt Smart Charts can now be started by an icon on the desktop, by double-clicking a chart file, or any other way and still be able to load search terms.
New and Fixed in Version 2.2 Beta #2 (2000-09-14)
- Corrected an error when loading data from the IMS R&D Focus CD-ROM that caused record display/print errors.
- Changed record margins in RTF to look better on A4 paper
- Due to a number of problems with the Add to Existing Chart feature on the Import panel, that capability has been disabled in this release. Use the Combine command on the File menu to update charts.
- Added support for importing SDI Alerts from Dialog.
New and Fixed since Version 2.1.9 (2000-04-28)
- Added support for transcripts from Dialog, ensuring that most transcripts will work.
- Added support for PJB's version of the Notes deliver of Pharmaprojects.
- Corrected small errors in PJB Pharmaprojects CD-ROM.
Version 2.1.8 (2000-02-15)
- Corrected the update date comparison for PHAR on DataStar
- Adis CD fixes
- Added Adis on Dialog.
Version 2.1.7 (1999-12-31)
- Added Pharmaprojects, R&D Focus on Dialog
- Fixed problem with crash when processing Adis records on datastar.
- Made sure that "Revision Date" dates were accurate and consistent on all platforms, all databases.
New and Fixed in Version 2.1.6 (1999-11-28)
- This release supports the new RTF export format for the R&DFocus CD-ROM. Images are not imported at this time.
- Supports the new text paragraph layout on DataStar for the Adis R&D Insight (ADRD) database. Text paragraphs were not being extracted by version 2.1 after this recent database change.
- Allows mixed transcripts from DataStar to be imported, creating a combined chart in one step.
- The documents behind rows in combined charts would not always correspond to the row. This has been fixed. If you notice this problem, it is recommended that you re-combine the charts.
- The application could crash when combining charts of different sizes if some rows are the same in the two charts. This has been fixed.
- The application would sometimes crash if fonts had been changed in either chart. This has been fixed, and fonts are now preserved from the original charts.