Tips for Using BizInt Smart Charts
Downloading BizInt Smart Charts
Be informed about the Latest Releases
Watch this video to to learn how you can organize, analyze and present your competitive intelligence information with the BizInt Smart Charts product family.
Useful Documents for All BizInt Smart Charts Users
The following documents address some of the key issues with using BizInt Smart Charts:
- Creating Reports from Databases and Hosts - see the links at left for step-by-step instructions for using each database or host with BizInt Smart Charts.
- Distributing Reports Options and Questions to ask when selecting a BizInt Smart Charts distribution format. Tips and examples for distributing reports in HTML, including HTML for Word, Excel and Acrobat. June 2012.
- Combining & Updating Reports Describes how to use the updating and combining features. June 2012.
BizInt Smart Charts for Patents - Links and Documentation
Gene Sequence Reports
BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite - Clinical Trials
BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite - Drug Pipelines
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I change the text truncation in cells?
BizInt Smart Charts automatically truncates text in columns such as "Abstract", as indicated by [CONT.] You can change the text truncation limit using the "Text Truncation in cells..." command under the Options menu.
Truncation changes will apply to all charts that you create after this change and will apply to all columns in the chart. You must re-create an existing chart for the truncation change to apply.
We do not recommend selecting "Never Truncate" unless you are certain that there are no very large text fields in your data.
- How do I fix broken links for images in my exported reports?
When you export your BizInt Smart Charts report
to Word, Acrobat, HTML and Excel, a .htm file is
created along with an .img directory with a set of
.jpg images files. These linked images can cause
problems when distributing reports via email.
Adobe Acrobat automatically embed the images
in your PDF file. This format is a good option for
distributing reports with images.
In Microsoft Word, you need to embed the images in your Word file before sending it to someone else. Go to Edit | Links... (In Word 2007, Prepare | Edit Links to Files or Alt-E-K). Select all the links in the list, check the "Save picture in document" box at the bottom, click OK and save as a .doc file.
There is no option to embed images in Excel or HTML files, so these are not good choices for emailing reports with images.
- Can I highlight or change the font for individual words in a cell?
No. Unfortunately, this is not possible in the current version of BizInt Smart Charts. You can highlight or change the format of entire cells, but not individual words.
- The software won't launch. What's wrong?
The most common problem preventing the software from launching can be solved by adding an exception for BizInt Smart Charts to the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) rules. We have created a web page with instructions for turning DEP off.
- I created a template and now I don't see it in my list of templates. What happened?
There are separate templates for each database and for combined charts. If you create a template for a chart from a single database, you won't see the template if you are working with a combined or other database chart.