Products: BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite
The BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite allows you to build reports from drug pipeline databases, clinical trials databases (including public registries like clinicaltrials.gov), and biomedical literature.
Subscribe to new releases by email or by RSS feed
Current version: BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite Version
Download customer software (requires userid and password)
Download tryout software (fully functional trial)
Each release of BizInt Smart Charts has a fixed lifetime. Learn more.
Release History for the Last 18 Months
New in Version 5.0.2 (2019-03-07)
- Made a small adjustment to the sort order for very early pre-clinical phases.
New and Fixed in Version 5.0.1 (2019-02-10)
- Fixed a problem with dragging items on the Sort panel and View Columns panel which caused crashes and in some cases corrupted chart files.
Clinical Trial Databases
- Now populating the "Drug(s)" column in Adis Clinical Trials.
- Fixed a problem in Excel exports which could cause an extra blank cell in some rows, shifting the remaining cells to the right.
Announcing Version 5.0 (2018-09-30)
We are pleased to announce the release of BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite Version 5.0.
- Improved Common Drug Name grouping, preventing a single database from grouping multiple records with a single synonym. We continue to work on improving matching, both for drug names and clinical trial identifiers, and welcome your feedback.
- You can now create links from NCT numbers and DOIs in a column, by setting a column property. Learn more on our Full Text Links support page.
- Includes a new Summary Records export, which creates a note card-like presentation in Word from your drug pipeline and clinical trial data. Structure images can be included in the report. Visit our Summary Records export page to learn more.
- Introduces support for the next generation of Pharmaprojects and Trialtrove from Citeline. This build includes a few fixes and adjustments to the Trialtrove filters.
- Adds support for the Cortellis Clinical Trials Intelligence platform. Subscribers to CTI will see significantly more data in their BizInt exports.
- Significant improvements to support of all databases on the InfoDesk PipelinePlus platform.
- Continued improvements to our support of clinicaltrials.gov, including Overall Official, a new Officials Table, a Has Results flag, and Funding Class.
- Improved abstract display in Medline on several platforms, support for Author Keywords and Corresponding Author when present (primarily on ProQuest Dialog and PubMed).
New in Version 4.6.8 (2018-09-18)
- Support for the next generation Trialtrove and Pharmaprojects is just about ready for release in Version 5.0. We'd love a few more eyes checking these new exports out, so if you're able to install software easily, please give the new Citeline platform a try and let us know if you find any issues. More details can be found on our Citeline Next Generation support page.
- Improved the display of section headings in Medline to help with text analysis projects. This change has been made for exports from PubMed and ProQuest Dialog.
New and Fixed in Version 4.6.7 (2018-09-05)
Drug Pipeline Databases
- Adds support for the remaining fields from the next generation Pharmaprojects platform. All fields are now being exported, with the exception of a few fields planned for implementation later this year. You can learn more on our Citeline Next Generation support page. Please let us know if you find any issues.
Fixed in Version 4.6.6 (2018-08-28)
Clinical Trials Databases
- Fixed an error message when opening or building charts in version 4.6.5.
- Improved display of Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria in Trialtrove's next generation platform.
New and Fixed in Version 4.6.5 (2018-08-26)
Clinical Trials Databases
- This release continues the implementation of support for the next generation Citeline platform. TrialTrove support should be complete in this version, including support for several newly available fields. Learn more about the current status on our Citeline Next Generation support page.
New in Version 4.6.4 (2018-08-06)
Clinical Trials Databases
- Preliminary support for Trialtrove on the next generation Citeline platform. We're aware of a few fields missing from the export at this time. New fields introduced in this export are not yet mapped to other databases. Learn more about the new Citeline platform on our Citeline Next Generation support page.
New in Version 4.6.3 (2018-08-05)
Drug Pipeline Databases
- Preliminary support for Pharmaprojects on the new generation Citeline platform. A number of fields are not yet exported from Pharmaprojects - see a current list on our Citeline Next Generation support page.
New in Version 4.6.2 (2018-07-20)
- Added support for Author Keywords from PubMed and from PQD (Medline and EMBASE). Added support for Corresponding Author on PQD. Created a Prepublication column for PubMed exports ("Yes" when the PublicationStatus is aheadofprint).
Fixed in Version 4.6.1 (2018-07-10)
- Supported a change in the internal label in the Clarivate Analytics
Integrity export files which caused an error when trying to import
Integrity exports. Clarivate restored the original file format on 12
July, so this release is no longer required to create reports from
Introducing Version 4.6 (2018-06-24)
- Adds support for the Cortellis Clinical Trials Intelligence platform. You will notice many new fields from Cortellis clinical trials, but these will only be populated if you subscribe to the CTI module. The database name will include "(CTI)" if you are building reports from this module.
- Fixed a problem with extracting the Update Date from Adis R&D Insight on InfoDesk PipelinePlus.
- Fixed a problem in Reference Rows when exporting cells with structure images to summary records exports.
New in Version 4.5.2 (2018-05-01)
- Improved the display of Overall Official from clinicaltrials.gov, adding a new Officials Table column as an alternate presentation.
New in Version 4.5.1 (2018-03-05)
- Added two new fields to charts from ClinicalTrials.gov: Has Results, which reads "Yes" if the trial has results data; and Funding Class, which lists all of the sponsor agency classes.
- For DOI links, added a new entry on the Options menu to specify the base URL. For more information on configuring DOI links, or the NCT links introduced in version 4.5, see our Configuring Full Text Links web page.
- When exporting to HTML or Word, and only including the first record in each group in the export, you can now place the link on the first column of the chart (rather than relying on the Database column). Note that this option is not available if the first column is a subtable.
Announcing Version 4.5 (2018-02-12)
- Automatically generate links in exports from NCT numbers to ClinicalTrials.gov records for columns (e.g. NCT Number, Common Trial ID) which contain NCT numbers, by selecting a new option on Column Properties. See our Configuring Full Text Links web page for instructions.
- Updated processing of Study Design and Latest Update date fields from ClinicalTrials.gov.
- Automatically generate links in exports from DOIs to an article (currently only via doi.org) by selecting a new option on Column Properties.
- Added support for a new segment of EMBASE on Ovid.
- Updated Reference Rows to version 3.0, with the latest export features, improvements to Generate Common Drug Name, and a fix for problems caused by installing multiple versions of the software on the same machine.
New and Fixed in Version 4.4.2 (2017-12-21)
- Improved Common Drug Name grouping: this is the first release of ongoing development to improve behavior of the "Identify Common Drug Names" tool. This release prevents a single database from listing a synonym in more than one record. Note that the actual name selected for the Common Drug Name column might not be as good a choice as it was before.
- PipelinePlus: Added support for Adis R&D Insight records and fixed several problems with Cortellis drug profiles on PipelinePlus.
- PipelinePlus: In additional to the original database records, you will now see InfoDesk PipelinePlus records as additional rows in your table, created from the PipelinePlus preferred terminology. There is an option under Preferences to display these records (currently selected by default.)
Show complete release history