Products: BizInt Smart Charts for Patents
NEW! Subscribe to new releases by email or by RSS feed
Current version: BizInt Smart Charts for Patents Version 5.0.1 (2018-09-03)
Download customer software (requires userid and password)
Download tryout software (fully functional trial)
Each release of BizInt Smart Charts has a fixed lifetime. Learn more.
Release History for the Last 18 Months
Fixed in Version 5.0.1 (2018-09-03)
- Updated the definition for Clarivate Analytics Integrity to handle a recent change in the export format. Also captures the basic publication identified in the Integrity export.
Announcing Version 5.0 (2018-07-19)
We are proud to announce the release of BizInt Smart Charts for Patents version 5.0.
- Version 5.0 supports hit structures from classic STN, New STN, and STNext. Two types of report are available in the Summary Records export - a display of hit structures with each CAplus reference, and an Index of Hit Structures with links to the CAplus references.
- If you are using STNext, we strongly recommend that you start a new transcript before your final display command. Transcripts that span a long search session can sometimes cause the software to get lost when looking for records.
- Supports image columns in the Summary Records export.
- Adds the ability to generate hyperlinks in exports from DOIs and from NCT numbers.
- Support for the Dead/Alive flag in PatBase, as well as improved claims display.
- Support for new fields in Derwent Innovation including family status and calculated expiry dates.
- Added support for the FULLPAT publication-level database on Orbit.com. Did you know that when your results include EP publications, the Status Details column shows the status in each designated state?
- Several new fields are available from GenomeQuest including the Unique Family Sequence ID, Normalized Patent Assignee, and Legal Status - National Phase.
- Added support for several full text files on STN: AUPATFULL; CANPATFUL; CNFULL, FRFULL, GBFULL, and PATDPAFULL.
- Added new fields for Author Keywords (PubMed as well as Medline and Embase on PQD), Corresponding Author (Medline, Embase, and Biosis on PQD), and Prepublication (PubMed).
Fixed in Version 4.8.2 (2018-07-10)
- Supported a change in the internal label in the Clarivate Analytics
Integrity export files which caused an error when trying to import
Integrity exports. Clarivate restored the original file format on 12
July, so this release is no longer required to create reports from
New and Fixed in Version 4.8.1 (2018-06-17)
- Fixed an issue which caused some structure images to not load from STNext. Also changed the hit structure loading to be more tolerant of formatting errors in the HITSTR transcript.
- Fixed an issue with duplicate hit structures in Reference Rows exports.
- Adds support for the Title Terms field from Derwent Innovation.
- Adds support for the Legal Status - National Phase field from GenomeQuest.
- Fixed a problem with image columns in Summary Records exports from Reference Rows.
Announcing Version 4.8 (2018-05-04)
- Adds support for hit structures (and the index of hit structures) in transcripts from classic STN (via STN Express) and STNext. Use RTF transcripts for both platforms.
- When generating hit strucures and the index of hit structures in Reference Rows, all hit structures in a family are used. This will let you combine results for families split over multiple CAplus records.
- Fixed several issues with extraction of hit index terms from classic STN, and fixed a bug which was causing some CAPLUS records to be cut off at the GI field.
Announcing Version 4.7 (2018-04-09)
(previously released as version 4.6.3)
- This release introduces an Index of Hit Structures, with links to the references, as part of the Summary Records export. The appearance of the hit structure display in each reference has also been improved. (Support for hit structures from Classic STN is coming soon).
- Added support for several fulltext files on classic STN: AUPATFULL; CANPATFUL; CNFULL, FRFULL, GBFULL, and PATDPAFULL.
- Fixed a few column mappings between Derwent Innovation and other supported databases.
New and Fixed in Version 4.6.2 (2018-03-20)
- Fixed loading of claims from PCTFULL on Orbit.com.
- Enhanced hit structure display (from New STN only) in the Summary Record export, with a first look at a new option to include an Index of Hit Structures with links to the references.
New and Fixed in Version 4.6.1 (2018-03-08)
- Improved the loading of claims from PatBase. You'll notice the biggest change in the Claims column in the chart, but there is also an improved display within the backing records.
- Some PatBase records were being marked as state "DEAD DEAD". The team at Minesoft have fixed the underlying data issue, but this release also includes a fix to make sure this doesn't happen again.
- If you export the full claims from Orbit.com (using the legacy XML export), the source publication for the claims is now being displayed.
- Alignments (and other columns marked as Fixed Width) are now displayed correctly in the yellow section of the Summary Records export.
- SEQIDNO is now being extracted as a column from GQPat Nucleotides (this was already available in the Proteins segment).
- Added a "DOI Links..." entry on the Options menu to specify the base URL used for linking DOI. For more information on configuring DOI links, or even full-text patent links, see our Configuring Full Text Links web page.
- Fixed a problem with extracting the DOI from some records on STN.
- When exporting to HTML or Word, and only including the first record in each group in the export, you can now place the link on the first column of the chart (rather than relying on the Database column). Note that this option is not available if the first column is a subtable.
Introducing Version 4.6 (2018-02-14)
- Added support for hit structure information (new STN only) in combined charts and in Reference Rows.
- Added support for several additional fields on GQPAT (GenomeQuest) -- the Number of Sequences, Unique Family Sequence ID, and Sequence Listing Equivalents are now available as columns. The Normalized Patent Assignee is used as the patent assignee if present.
- Added two new column properties to allow you to automatically link NCT numbers to clinicaltrials.gov, or DOIs to an article (currently only via doi.org).
- Added support for a new segment of EMBASE on Ovid.
- Updated Reference Rows to version 3.0, with the latest export features, new support for hit structures, and a fix for problems caused by installing multiple versions of the software on the same machine.
New and Fixed in Version 4.5.1 (2017-11-26)
- Updated the definitions for PatBase to reflect the new presentation of Inspection Fields. Also filtered non-latin content from the non-standardized Inventor and Assignee fields.
- Added support for the Annotations field in Cortellis Patents.
New and Fixed in Version 4.5 (2017-10-02)
- Cleaned up presentation of Index Terms from Classic STN. Added support for hit Index Terms on New STN.
- The "Word - summary records" export now supports images.
- This release contains a first look at our new hit structure display. Users of New STN can now create hit structure reports in the Summary Records exports. Visit our hit structures page for more details.
New and Fixed in Version 4.4.3 (2017-09-20)
- Fixed an issue in version 4.4.2 which prevented users from configuring full-text patent links for both PatentOrder Direct and Derwent Innovation.
New and Fixed in Version 4.4.2 (2017-07-23)
Note: If you repackage the software for internal installation, several support files (including one DLL) have been replaced in this release. Please contact us if you would like a complete list of the file changes.
- Structure images from New STN were appearing as black boxes in the chart. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a problem with using File | Import to import RTF transcripts from STNext, which was causing data fields to be truncated.
- Updated the full text linking for Derwent Innovation to use the new domain. Also added support for several upcoming fields.
- Added support for Family Patent Assignee on Orbit.com.
Show complete release history