Products: BizInt Smart Charts for Patents
NEW! Subscribe to new releases by email or by RSS feed
Current version: BizInt Smart Charts for Patents Version 4.3 (2016-09-20)
Download customer software (requires userid and password)
Download tryout software (fully functional trial)
Release History for the Last 18 Months
Announcing Version 4.3 (2016-09-20)
- Added alias for IFIALL on STN, fixed processing of several fields.
- The way that the source document is noted on orbit.com has changed. Displays the source document in Abstract, Claims, and Independent Claims fields.
- In Patbase publication level exports, correctly identify the source of the claims text. In family level exports, now captures the source document for the abstract, if given.
- Supports the new URL for PatentScope when generating full text links.
Announcing Version 4.2 (2016-02-26)
Announcing Version 4.2, with support for images from CAplus on new STN
and enhanced support for new STN, PatBase, GenomeQuest and Embase on Ovid.
- New STN: Fixes missing family data from some CAplus records and
Patent Assignees on DWPI, due to ongoing changes on the new STN
platform. First support for chemical structure images from new STN
(support for 24 bit images, color and hit structures will be coming
in future releases.) If you are using new STN, we strongly
recommend that you install this release.
- PatBase: Support for the new Probable Assignee field.
- GenomeQuest: Support for the Earliest Priority Date and Filing Date
(as Application Date) fields.
- Ovid: Support for a new file segment in Embase, and fixes a
problem with descriptor processing in that file.
- Improved export to Excel from Reference Rows, with more options for displaying the source record information.
New and Fixed in Version 4.1.3 (2015-12-13)
- Support structure images from CAplus and DCR on the new STN platform. There are issues with image quality that we are working to fix.
- Fixed a bug in the Reference Rows export to Excel when all rows for a particular database are hidden. Also added an option to control whether the list of source databases is shown in separate columns.
New and Fixed in Version 4.1.2 (2015-11-23)
This is an interim release for new STN users, to support unexpected changes introduced in the 19 November platform update of new STN.
- The Patent Assignee field was not being populated in DWPI on new STN.
- Support changes to patent and application data in the "Basic" export format for DWPI on new STN.
- Now supports alerting abstracts in DWPI on new STN.
New and Fixed in Version 4.1.1 (2015-11-03)
- PatBase: add support for the Probable Patent Assignee field.
- Fix a problem in Reference Rows which could cause records to be exported in the Excel export.
Announcing Version 4.1 (2015-10-31)
Announcing Version 4.1, with a new Summary Record export for Word and enhancements for PatBase, Ovid, PubMed and Registry.
- New - Summary Record for Word export from both BizInt Smart Charts for Patents and Reference Rows: creates a Word document with records based on visible columns in your table. Learn more.
- PatBase: Selects a more relevant set of claims from PatBase, and labels the source publication in both the chart and records.
- Ovid: Capture document links and annotations from Ovid XML exports.
- PubMed: Adds support for clinical trial IDs in PubMed.
- Registry: Support the Source Registry field (SR) in classic STN.
New and Fixed in Version 4.0.2 (2015-10-14)
- Added support for new Relevancy field in Thomson Innovation.
- Add Subject Length field from GeneSeq on GenomeQuest.
- A first look at selecting a more relevant set of claims in PatBase. Identifies the source document for claims in the chart and record.
- Identify the source document for claims in USFULL (new STN).
- Several Embase file segments were not being recognized on Ovid. This has been fixed.
New and Fixed in Version 4.0.1 (2015-09-06)
- Fixed a number of problems with the Family Status column on Orbit.com: Under some circumstances, a publication might not appear in the table, a publication for a designated state might appear, and the overall State column might show DEAD when there is still an ALIVE publication. All are fixed. The publication number is now formatted according to the user's settings in Options | Patent number format, including showing the kind code if desired.
- Cleaned up the display of the classification code fields from Orbit.com. Fixed a problem with importing full claims from the XML export.
- Added support for the Technology Domain field on Orbit.com (available in XML exports only, not the BizInt export).
- The Full Text Link column in CSV exports is now written as a plain URL (no HTML markup). A new option has been added to the Excel export from Reference Rows to show plain URLs for publisher links.
Announcing Version 4.0 (2015-09-01)
We are proud to announce the release of BizInt Smart Charts for Patents Version 4.0.
- Support for the new STN, including all literature and fulltext patent files. Learn more on our new STN support page.
- Support for Embase, Medline, and Biosis on ProQuest Dialog using the v2.0 XML export.
- Support for Embase, Medline, and Biosis on Ovid, using the XML export.
- Support for GenomeQuest's LifeQuest patent database.
- Supports DOI from most sources.
- New "Change Patbase Links" tool changes the row link for Patbase records, allowing you to set the record link to Patbase Express for your clients.
- Prevents cells from overflowing Excel limits in CSV exports.
- New toolbar icons have been added for Combine and Update.
Charts created with Version 4.0 can be opened in Version 3.x software.
Show complete release history