Products: BizInt Smart Charts for Patents
NEW! Subscribe to new releases by email or by RSS feed
Current version: BizInt Smart Charts for Patents Version 4.4.2 (2017-07-23)
Download customer software (requires userid and password)
Download tryout software (fully functional trial)
Release History for the Last 18 Months
New and Fixed in Version 4.4.2 (2017-07-23)
Note: If you repackage the software for internal installation, several support files (including one DLL) have been replaced in this release. Please contact us if you would like a complete list of the file changes.
- Structure images from New STN were appearing as black boxes in the chart. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a problem with using File | Import to import RTF transcripts from STNext, which was causing data fields to be truncated.
- Updated the full text linking for Derwent Innovation to use the new domain. Also added support for several upcoming fields.
- Added support for Family Patent Assignee on Orbit.com.
New and fixed in Version 4.4.1 (2017-05-29)
- Added support for the Dead/Alive flag on PatBase, constructing a Family Status table and the over all State of the family in a separate column.
- Fixed an issue with some PatBase exports not being able to be imported after families in a folder are merged.
- Added support for legal status on FULLPAT (Orbit.com). The Summary Status field is comparable to the Family Status field in FAMPAT, however in FULLPAT the table reports on each designated state, not just the publications.
- Updated the identity for databases from Clarivate Analytics: Cortellis from Clarivate Analytics and Derwent Innovation.
- Introduced a new "compact" Excel export, suitable for use with tools such as Microsoft Visio. This is a work in progress, and will see a few more enhancements in the coming months.
Announcing Version 4.4 (2017-02-25)
- Added support for the new FULLPAT database from Orbit.com, replacing the PLUSPAT database.
- Modified the filters for Ovid to be more forgiving of variations in file segment names for Embase and Medline.
- Fixed a problem which could cause the software to hang in some situations when loading incomplete XML files. These conditions were encountered by several users with exports from PatBase.
Announcing Version 4.3 (2016-09-20)
- Added alias for IFIALL on STN, fixed processing of several fields.
- The way that the source document is noted on orbit.com has changed. Displays the source document in Abstract, Claims, and Independent Claims fields.
- In Patbase publication level exports, correctly identify the source of the claims text. In family level exports, now captures the source document for the abstract, if given.
- Supports the new URL for PatentScope when generating full text links.
Announcing Version 4.2 (2016-02-26)
Announcing Version 4.2, with support for images from CAplus on new STN
and enhanced support for new STN, PatBase, GenomeQuest and Embase on Ovid.
- New STN: Fixes missing family data from some CAplus records and
Patent Assignees on DWPI, due to ongoing changes on the new STN
platform. First support for chemical structure images from new STN
(support for 24 bit images, color and hit structures will be coming
in future releases.) If you are using new STN, we strongly
recommend that you install this release.
- PatBase: Support for the new Probable Assignee field.
- GenomeQuest: Support for the Earliest Priority Date and Filing Date
(as Application Date) fields.
- Ovid: Support for a new file segment in Embase, and fixes a
problem with descriptor processing in that file.
- Improved export to Excel from Reference Rows, with more options for displaying the source record information.
Show complete release history