Products: BizInt Smart Charts for Patents
NEW! Subscribe to new releases by email or by RSS feed
Current version: BizInt Smart Charts for Patents Version 5.2.2 (2019-06-19)
Download customer software (requires userid and password)
Download tryout software (fully functional trial)
Each release of BizInt Smart Charts has a fixed lifetime. Learn more.
Release History for the Last 18 Months
Fixed in Version 5.2.2 (2019-06-19)
- Fixed a problem with loading images from STNext RTF transcripts.
- Fixed a bug in the Summary Records export when an empty cell follows a subtable.
New and Fixed in Version 5.2.1 (2019-05-15)
We usually try to avoid doing releases back to back, but unfortunately last week two issues came up which require an immediate fix.
- Fixed a problem with generating full text links for 2019 WO publications from PatBase.
- Structure images will be changing on STNext soon, and this change will affect the format of the RTF exports. You will need to install this version to import structure images from CAplus, REGISTRY, and possibly other files when this change goes live.
Announcing Version 5.2 (2019-04-30)
- Fixed an issue which would cause the software to lock up while reading some transcripts from STNext.
- Added an option to the Word - Summary Records export to skip empty fields. This can be used, for example, when the chart has a mix of patent and non-patent rows.
- Added an option panel for Hit Structures. The first option is whether to include the chemical name in the substance description.
Fixed in Version 5.1.1 (2019-03-07)
- Fixed a problem which could cause a crash when exporting records from Orbit.com to Word or Excel.
Announcing Version 5.1 (2019-01-15)
- Fixed a problem with dragging items on the Sort panel and View Columns panel which caused crashes and in some cases corrupted chart files.
- Added a new Legal Status Link column and a Very Large Family ID column on PatBase. Added an Extended Patent Family column which contains publication, application, and dead/alive in a single column.
- Added support for the MCLM field (as an alternative to CLM) in EPFULL on Orbit.
- Changed formatting of section headings in Medline abstracts to improve extraction for analytics, on PubMed and ProQuest Dialog.
- Added support for PIRA, TEMA, NTIS, and 1MOBILITY on STN.
- Added support for ToxFile on ProQuest Dialog.
- Fixed a problem in Excel exports which could cause an extra blank cell in some rows, shifting the remaining cells to the right.
Fixed in Version 5.0.1 (2018-09-03)
- Updated the definition for Clarivate Analytics Integrity to handle a recent change in the export format. Also captures the basic publication identified in the Integrity export.
Announcing Version 5.0 (2018-07-19)
We are proud to announce the release of BizInt Smart Charts for Patents version 5.0.
- Version 5.0 supports hit structures from classic STN, New STN, and STNext. Two types of report are available in the Summary Records export - a display of hit structures with each CAplus reference, and an Index of Hit Structures with links to the CAplus references.
- If you are using STNext, we strongly recommend that you start a new transcript before your final display command. Transcripts that span a long search session can sometimes cause the software to get lost when looking for records.
- Supports image columns in the Summary Records export.
- Adds the ability to generate hyperlinks in exports from DOIs and from NCT numbers.
- Support for the Dead/Alive flag in PatBase, as well as improved claims display.
- Support for new fields in Derwent Innovation including family status and calculated expiry dates.
- Added support for the FULLPAT publication-level database on Orbit.com. Did you know that when your results include EP publications, the Status Details column shows the status in each designated state?
- Several new fields are available from GenomeQuest including the Unique Family Sequence ID, Normalized Patent Assignee, and Legal Status - National Phase.
- Added support for several full text files on STN: AUPATFULL; CANPATFUL; CNFULL, FRFULL, GBFULL, and PATDPAFULL.
- Added new fields for Author Keywords (PubMed as well as Medline and Embase on PQD), Corresponding Author (Medline, Embase, and Biosis on PQD), and Prepublication (PubMed).
Fixed in Version 4.8.2 (2018-07-10)
- Supported a change in the internal label in the Clarivate Analytics
Integrity export files which caused an error when trying to import
Integrity exports. Clarivate restored the original file format on 12
July, so this release is no longer required to create reports from
New and Fixed in Version 4.8.1 (2018-06-17)
- Fixed an issue which caused some structure images to not load from STNext. Also changed the hit structure loading to be more tolerant of formatting errors in the HITSTR transcript.
- Fixed an issue with duplicate hit structures in Reference Rows exports.
- Adds support for the Title Terms field from Derwent Innovation.
- Adds support for the Legal Status - National Phase field from GenomeQuest.
- Fixed a problem with image columns in Summary Records exports from Reference Rows.
Announcing Version 4.8 (2018-05-04)
- Adds support for hit structures (and the index of hit structures) in transcripts from classic STN (via STN Express) and STNext. Use RTF transcripts for both platforms.
- When generating hit strucures and the index of hit structures in Reference Rows, all hit structures in a family are used. This will let you combine results for families split over multiple CAplus records.
- Fixed several issues with extraction of hit index terms from classic STN, and fixed a bug which was causing some CAPLUS records to be cut off at the GI field.
Announcing Version 4.7 (2018-04-09)
(previously released as version 4.6.3)
- This release introduces an Index of Hit Structures, with links to the references, as part of the Summary Records export. The appearance of the hit structure display in each reference has also been improved. (Support for hit structures from Classic STN is coming soon).
- Added support for several fulltext files on classic STN: AUPATFULL; CANPATFUL; CNFULL, FRFULL, GBFULL, and PATDPAFULL.
- Fixed a few column mappings between Derwent Innovation and other supported databases.
New and Fixed in Version 4.6.2 (2018-03-20)
- Fixed loading of claims from PCTFULL on Orbit.com.
- Enhanced hit structure display (from New STN only) in the Summary Record export, with a first look at a new option to include an Index of Hit Structures with links to the references.
New and Fixed in Version 4.6.1 (2018-03-08)
- Improved the loading of claims from PatBase. You'll notice the biggest change in the Claims column in the chart, but there is also an improved display within the backing records.
- Some PatBase records were being marked as state "DEAD DEAD". The team at Minesoft have fixed the underlying data issue, but this release also includes a fix to make sure this doesn't happen again.
- If you export the full claims from Orbit.com (using the legacy XML export), the source publication for the claims is now being displayed.
- Alignments (and other columns marked as Fixed Width) are now displayed correctly in the yellow section of the Summary Records export.
- SEQIDNO is now being extracted as a column from GQPat Nucleotides (this was already available in the Proteins segment).
- Added a "DOI Links..." entry on the Options menu to specify the base URL used for linking DOI. For more information on configuring DOI links, or even full-text patent links, see our Configuring Full Text Links web page.
- Fixed a problem with extracting the DOI from some records on STN.
- When exporting to HTML or Word, and only including the first record in each group in the export, you can now place the link on the first column of the chart (rather than relying on the Database column). Note that this option is not available if the first column is a subtable.
Show complete release history