Products: BizInt Smart Charts Viewer
NEW! Subscribe to new releases by email or by RSS feed
Current version: BizInt Smart Charts Viewer 5.2 (2021-05-03)
Download customer software (requires userid and password)
Complete Release History
Announcing Version 5.2 (2021-05-03)
We are happy to announce Version 5.2 of the BizInt Smart Charts Viewer, bringing a number of improvements from recent releases of our main product lines.
- Color-Coding Cells: You have always been able to color-code a cell background in yellow. With this release you can now choose to color-code cells in eight colors. This is particularly useful in user-added columns when you are regularly updating a chart. Learn more on our support page.
- Patent Full Text Links: A new option has been added for links directly to PDFs on the USPTO site, and Espacenet links now go to the latest generation system.
- Choose Columns...: The Columns command on the View menu is now called "Choose Columns..."
- Ctrl-Z keyboard shortcut has been added to undo the last operation.
- And lots of little bug fixes.
Announcing Version 5.1 (2019-04-30)
This release features a significant bug fix, and we recommend that you upgrade to version 5.1.
- Fixed a problem with dragging items on the Sort panel and View Columns panel which caused crashes and in some cases corrupted chart files.
- Added an option for the Word - Summary Records export to skip empty cells. Also added Options for Hit Structure display.
Announcing Version 5.0 (2018-08-20)
This is a major release of BizInt Smart Charts Viewer, which brings
recent developments in BizInt Smart Charts products into the Viewer.
This release incorporates features added to other BizInt Smart Charts
products since September 2015 and is recommended for all users.
Announcing Version 4.0 (2015-09-06)
- Supports charts created by the new BizInt Smart Charts for Clinical Trials product.
- Added a new "Compare Columns" command which creates a new column showing the changes between two columns.
- Create Subtable command is now available on the Tools menu.
- The Statistics command is now available on the right mouse menu, and loads the current column as the default selection.
- Improved the display of some fields when editing the text.
- Prevents cells from overflowing Excel limits in CSV exports.
New and Fixed in Version 3.5.1 (2013-08-23)
- Added a new HTML export option to write the contents of subtables without the use of tables (this may help make Word exports easier to edit).
- Sorting by date did not work if the database only provided a month and year (no day). We've extended date sorting to work with months. The default sort type for Start and Completion dates in the clinical trials databases has been set to Date.
- Added several variations for Phase 1/2 and Phase 2/3 to our sorting order for development phase.
- We've tried to improve the behavior of the installer when the user doesn't have Administrator privileges, including warning you if you pick an install directory which isn't writeable. Also fixed a bug in the menu and desktop short cuts if you didn't install to the default location.
New in Version 3.5.0 (2012-06-20)
- A new View|Columns panel makes it easier to select and rearrange columns.
- New "Acrobat" and "Excel - Optimized HTML" export options.
- New toolbar and application icons.
New and Fixed in Version 3.4.3 (2011-10-30)
- Changed the default full-text patent links from Micropatent to the various patent offices.
- Added support for full-text links to Thomson Innovation for all authorities, and for Patentscope as a target for PCTs.
Fixed in Version 3.4.2 (2011-06-28)
- Updated the definitions for full text links to Espacenet to use the new v5 servers.
- Updated the definitions for full text links to Delphion for US applications and PCTs for 2010 and later.
- Viewer users who export HTML reports containing links to these full text patent systems should install this update.
New and Fixed in Version 3.4.1 (2010-10-08)
- A small number of users upgrading from Version 3.3 to Version 3.4 found that when they opened a chart file or an import file, Version 3.3 would launch instead of the new software. This is fixed when installing this version.
- When saving a chart, the entire chart will be freshly written every time. This has been the case for Save As for a long time.
- The Sort panel now starts with the current column selected. Also there is now a toolbar button for sorting.
- Added a new command to hide the current column.
- The URL for Patbase Express direct links has changed. The software has been updated to work with the new URL.
New and Fixed in Version 3.4.0 (2010-09-06)
- Version 3.4 features a number of improvements for support of Windows 7 and Vista.
- We recommend that customers who require an in-house certification process for new software begin the process with Version 3.4.
- A new installation package now supports Administrator installations and many other common Windows features.
- Application settings and saved templates are now stored in a user-writeable directory, not in the installation directory.
- During installation, you now have the option to take over the handling of file types used by BizInt Smart Charts for Patents and Drug Pipelines, as well as the AdisInsight and Citeline editions of BizInt Web Charts.
- Details of all the changes which affect installation and administration of BizInt Smart Charts can be found at bizcharts.com/version3.4.
- Added a new Move Row command to quickly reorder rows in the chart.
Version 3.3.2 (2009-11-10)
- Paste of simple text now fills the range of selected cells.
- Phase 4 clinical trials now sort after "Launched" in Development Phase sorts.
- A small change to the View Rows panel now shows the row list starting with the current row. Once changes are made, the chart remains at the same position. Likewise for View Columns and Apply Template, the chart no longer jumps back to the top.
- Fixed a few bugs in links generated to full-text patents: EP A links to Micropatent; pre-2003 WO links to esp@cenet.
Version 3.3.1 (2008-05-05)
- includes an option to hide the "Link" under row numbers in exports, links to the USPTO for US patents and applications, Vista-compatible help, and various bug fixes.
Version 3.3 (2007-10-09)
- includes the ability to shade rows based on the primary sort key, improved color handling, improved export, full-text links to patents on esp@cenet and PatentOrder, and several bug fixes.
Version 3.2 (2006-10-14)
- incorporates color highlighting in cells, enhancements to the HTML export options, improved quality of generated links to Delphion, and other bug fixes.
Version 3.0.3 (2005-05-29)
- incorporates bugfixes and the "generate full-text patent links in HTML export" feature.
Version 3.0.2 (2005-01-21)
- incorporates bugfixes from the main products since the last version.
Version 3.0.1 (2004-09-08)
- contains a few small bug fixes in the behavior of the image windows and in copy/paste.
Version 3.0 (2004-08-08)
- includes extensive changes to image viewing, copy and paste, and support for files created by the final version 3.0 releases of BizInt Smart Charts for Drug Pipelines and BizInt Smart Charts for Patents.
- Note: If you save a file with version 3.0, you cannot open the file with version 2.4.
Version 2.4.0 (2003-07-21)
- introduces changes to the HTML export command, a Replace All command, context sensitive menus, and fixes a problem with opening read-only chart files.
Version 2.3.0 (2003-03-13)
- incorporates accumulated changes from the BizInt Smart Charts product line: a Replace command, a preliminary ability to paste images, better cell display, support for a site-wide INI file, and numerous bug fixes.
Version 2.2.8 (2002-09-19)
- fixed a problem with adding rows to the chart, causing rows to disappear, show the incorrect record, or become visible when hidden.
Version 2.2.7 (2002-08-09)
- fixed a problem that could cause the chart file to be corrupted when editing the file.
Version 2.2.6 (2002-07-26)
- fixes a reported crash when exporting HTML tables with records and images, improves the print quality for images in the chart, and reduces the amount of memory used by charts with images.
Version 2.2.5 (2002-02-23)
- adds a new "go to row" command, adds options to RTF export, and changes the "add row" command to add after the current row. Recent releases have fixed bugs such as a problem with the record display not matching the chart after rows are hidden, problems with sorting, and problems with export.