Products: BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite
The BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite allows you to build reports from drug pipeline databases, clinical trials databases (including public registries like clinicaltrials.gov), and biomedical literature.
Subscribe to new releases by email or by RSS feed
Current version: BizInt Smart Charts Drug Development Suite Version
Download customer software (requires userid and password)
Download tryout software (fully functional trial)
Each release of BizInt Smart Charts has a fixed lifetime. Learn more.
Release History for the Last 18 Months
New and Fixed in Version 5.7.1 (2023-07-11)
We've made Word export enhancements based on user feedback:
- You can change column widths in exported Word tables.
- New option for Word exports to "auto-fit to width". This will help fit your columns on the page, but columns will only be made as small as the largest word.
- Use File | Page Setup to specify chart orientation, paper size, and margins. By default, charts are in Landscape. Records are always in Portrait mode.
Introducing Version 5.7 (2023-05-29)
We are pleased to introduce version 5.7 featuring a major overhaul of our exports.
- Exports to Word, Excel, and HTML: A major refresh of our exports is included in this release. We have introduced new styles and updated the old styles. Reference Rows exports now use the same styles as BizInt Smart Charts. You have a choice of style for every export, including Excel Optimized and Summary Records. We have fixed many display glitches, removed a few options that no longer made sense, and introduced a few new options, including:
- Option to include (or omit) the chart title in the export;
- Options for how cell sources are displayed in Reference Rows export.
- You can learn more from this support page.
- Sorting Development Phases: A new "Phase Sort options" item on the Options menu lets you control how inactive development phases sort. By default, inactive phases (Discontinued, Suspended, Withdrawn) sort before Preclinical. You can now select an option to have inactive phases sort after Launched.
- Ovid: Added more segment labels for Medline. DOI is extracted from the Article Identifiers field.
Introducing Version 5.6 (2023-02-15)
- Delete user and VP-SCE columns: A new Edit | Delete User Column command allows you to delete columns added by the user or by VP-SCE. These columns will be permanently removed, saving disk space, memory, and de-cluttering the Choose Column List. You can select and delete multiple user or VP-SCE columns. Only user or VP-SCE columns can be deleted; if you select a range of columns that contain publisher columns, only the user or VP-SCE columns will be deleted. You cannot undo column deletion, so we recommend using Save As... to save the original or new chart file with a different name.
- Hide Multiple Columns: The Edit | Hide Column command now allows you to select and hide multiple columns. Only adjacent columns can be selected to hide. You can undo hiding columns or go to the Choose Columns panel to redisplay hidden columns.
- Citeline Pharmaprojects: Adds country details to the Drug Development Phase column, and adds a new Filtered Drug Development Phase column based on your query.
- TrialTrove: Adds support for new fields such as Drug Targets, Oncology Biomarkers, Endpoint Keywords, and Patient Age Groups.
Introducing Version 5.5 (2022-04-04)
- Preview Reference Rows: Click the Preview button (at right top of Reference Rows document window) to open a preview HTML export in your browser, so you can quickly review the effects of rules and selections.
- Easier workflow for exports and statistics: You can now create exports and open statistics in Excel without having to specify a file name. Click the Open button to launch the file immediately, or Save to choose a file name.
- Export to Word - Chart and Records: Tables in the records are more condensed (less wasted space)
- Biomedical databases on STN: Support for the new STNext BizInt export. Search term highlighting in BizInt records (not tables) is supported when using this export.
- Ovid: Support for Author Keywords in MEDLINE.
Show complete release history